How dodgy??

joost

Reaction score
Just been looking throught the 'bay and found this B6 A4.

Reading through the ad, warning bells were ringing. It wasn't until I checked his feedback that I realised why...

2 weeks ago he bought this A4. Look familiar? :think:

Looks like the cheeky barsteward has clocked 122k miles off and cleared an ECU fault. :mad:

Reckon he should be reported??

(Hope like hell it's no-one on here, sincerely hope not anyway!!)

I think he should be reported. It doesn't take much working out to see its the same car with half the mileage..!!

I can't believe he thinks he's going to get away with it! Anyone with any sense checks a seller's feedback as part of the process of using eBay.

Not only that but the **** is French by the sounds of things

'
APART FROM THE ABOVE MENTIONED THERE IS NO OUTHER DEFAULT TO THIS CAR THERE ARE NO KNOCKS OR NOSIES WHATSOEVER!!!!!THIS CAR DRIVES AND SONDES LIKE NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRULY A FINE EXAMPLE!!!!!!!

Outher?? Nosies???? Sondes?????????

I cannot believe the current bidder has not realised its the same car.

ive just checked the feedback,then clicked on the current bidder and told him!!!!!!! i think we should all do this just to **** him up ,it could of been anyone of us!

maybe the bidders linked? a friend???????

Possibly. Still wouldn't buy it, even for 99p. He'll prob pull the auction before the end if eBay doesn't.

cannot believe hes clocked it that much/at all!

122000 miles is a hell of a lot to just "dissapear"!

What a complete and utter **** stain!

That's not right...?? 252k miles is a huge amount for a 5-6 year old car........regular 40k a year? Wonder if it was in KM, not miles?

Clocking a car like that is not easy. Maybe he put in an 2nd hand ECU to clear the "fault" and that has lower miles........? But surely there is somethign jsut not right with that original purchase.......£4300 for a 252k miles Audi A4...........no where near worth that!!

I reckon the original sale was a scam, maybe he got a mate to put it up for sale and he bid it up, but accidently won it? Still not sure how anyone in their right mind would bid over about £2.5k for an a4 with 252k miles on it though.......!?
Weird!

The first orignal ad , he gets asked if he would take 3250, he accepts but goes for over 4000, bonus eh!!! thought id give my 2pence worth.

also originally 1 day Auction, is it worth it, surely you cant drum up loads of interest over 1 day even if you are desperate, Got to be at least 3 day Auction.

Another 2 pence worth!!

1 day adverts on ebay do draw alot of attention esspecially if its a no reserve item.1 People just wanting a bargain!

Money laundering??

Not sure, I think its the first ad that is the dodgy one!

Not sure I can see why though. I've re-read your previous post a couple of times. I can see where you're coming from on the bidding and accidentally winning but why would the advertised mileage be changed so much and so blatantly obviously? Maybe I'm just being numb - it's quite possible, believe me!

40k a year isn't so unbelieveable, one of my family does between 45 and 50k a year.

If it turns out to be dodgy, someone's bought a lemon!

Unusual thought o have consistent high miles and yet no service hsitory for the last 152k miles.............thats like 4 years at that rate of driving!!

And if it DID have 252k miles, why the heck is someone paying £4800 or whatever for it....?

The £3300 or wahtever from the 2nd auction seems abut right, the previous price looks well odd to me!

Apparently if you buy a new cluster then audi will clock the mileage up for you but not down.

Anyway sent him a message thru ebay.

The guy who Won it emailed me to say that the seller said he wont sel it for what it finished on Becuase he has been offered more, Basically trying to get the winner to pay more so he can make a little money. ******.

He's pulled out the sale anyway.

What a ******* stroker. I say well done to Justin for spotting this, He's saved someone a packet by a bit of detective work.
Well done mate! :hi:hats off to ya!

Simch, I see where you're coming from now.

Cheers Chris. Must admit I did feel a little guilty about the reporting bit but then I thought if he's nothing to hide, he's nothing to worry about. Just hope no-one gets robbed if it turns out to be a scam.

Like I say Justin Well done to you. I did the same thing and emailed the winner and sent him a link to this thread! The seller is definately dodgy.

This should be reported to the police, or trading standards, as its a trade descriptions offence to clock a car's mileage, and he could go to jail for it. Someone should pass the details in this thread to the authorities so thatthey can look into it. It really pi55es me off when i see these dodgy sellers getting off with it.

Now I'm really getting worried. Simch - there may be something in what you said about the original sale - the original seller has bought a service book that relates to a (stolen) 2002 Clio that has been stamped twice, the last service having been done at 39k.

One of the questions is 'does the book have the vehicle's registraion number on?'. Not sure if he asked the question as there's no indication at all who did. The answer came back that it was, but only on a sticker and CAN BE EASILY REMOVED OR CHANGED!!! :blink:

D'ya think I need to see a shrink for paranoia or am I not on my own thinking summat's not right? :confused:

Lol, AudiSports own detective. Go easy mate, you'll get a headache.

Know what you are saying though.

Hmmm

corr you lot are crazy!! :) good work hope the fcuker has bad luck buying his next car (thats if hes a scamming scumbag). glad the high bidder was alerted. you are very kind crazy men but i take my hat off to you all!! Justin

Surprised as it has got 12 months MOT it's not been picked up already...
It's all electronic now-he would only get out of that if he didn't register the car in his name!

How stupid is that,he bought the car off ebay and wants to sell it back on ebay with clocked back mileage i thinkz hiz crazzie.This kind people make us think twice before you flock out grands for a car.