My Rieger kit finally fitted

dstech said:
Rieger makes some of the nicest Audi body kits. This one is very nice, especially in RED!

Yes True, It was between the Otteinger and this one, This one I was able to beat Otteinger by £490 (with roof spoiler) £290 (without)

That Reiger kit looks the business! :hubbahubba:

The before and after shots demonstrate the ability of a good kit to transform a car. I'm going to do my 2002 avant (has the ugly grey bits) but was trying to decide on kit. I did look at the Reiger but worried that it might be a little too much. Now I've seen it I think I've decided.

It's a shame you can't give the kit people your paint code, have them ship it out to you ready to fit.....

Otherwise if I order the kit, I don't know anyone in my area (High Wycombe) that can be recommended to do the paint job.

Someone here just got the s-line kit and audi to do it. How much was that?

Now I do like them, Gave me a twitch in my pants!!lol...

Have you had them Sprayed or are they Original???

How much are they for a pair?????

they are copys from goingfast.de they are £105 + £10 delivery, but i did a group buy a month or so back and we got them for £85 all in.

Love the satin ones, prefer them to the chrome.
Ill be investing in a pair now.

cheers

Tanuki said:
That Reiger kit looks the business! :hubbahubba:

The before and after shots demonstrate the ability of a good kit to transform a car. I'm going to do my 2002 avant (has the ugly grey bits) but was trying to decide on kit. I did look at the Reiger but worried that it might be a little too much. Now I've seen it I think I've decided.

It's a shame you can't give the kit people your paint code, have them ship it out to you ready to fit.....

Otherwise if I order the kit, I don't know anyone in my area (High Wycombe) that can be recommended to do the paint job.

Someone here just got the s-line kit and audi to do it. How much was that?

I wouldnt trust them painting before sending as they were a little shaken up once they arrived from Germany but I know what you are saying.

Dont go to audi, Ive heard someone on here paying £1900 for Sline kit and another £900 for painting - Thats Robbery.

Im sure you will be able to source a good sprayer where you are, If not come up to leicester for the day, My cousin who did mine will be happy to do them for you!!! (bit of a trek but the 4rings does that to you)

Yea audi quoted a pal £370 + vat just to supply and fit a lower rear s-line bumper!!!!

I payed £30 + £63 spray job, althought i think most people could sensibly get it down to £120 all in.

and the worst thing about it is that i got mine sprayed at colbrook and burgess which is audi newcastles body shop!!

Audi = BANDITS!!!!!

Do the standard fog lights fit in well, i cant quite see from picture???

and mate, next week im ordering that kit, the more and more i look at it you convince me its just as good as ottinger one!!

ive had this in mind for 18 months now, and i think it might look sumwhere near......
mcgough2.jpg

sweet that mate-its just as good as the ottinger kit apart from the rear bumper i think

Mcgough said:
Do the standard fog lights fit in well, i cant quite see from picture???

and mate, next week im ordering that kit, the more and more i look at it you convince me its just as good as ottinger one!!

ive had this in mind for 18 months now, and i think it might look sumwhere near......

Yes fit in without a prob at all.

I was torn beween these 2 kits for a while too mate, I love the front Bumper on the Otteinger, I love the whole kit it looks great but it was the prices I was getting that maybe steered me to the Rieger.

I was getting quotes of the £990 Mark, I paid £700 all in with the roof spoiler thrown in.I reckon if I pushed harder I could have got it with the Boot spoiler for another £50 but I dint like the rieger Lip spoiler, It looked an odd shape, perhaps on the large side!!

Now the rears, I like both but it was the Rieger that did it for me (aswell as being the cheaper option) but thats only my opinion, Its what you fancy really mate.
riegerRear.jpg

OettingerA4Rear11.jpg

i think a set of 19' rs6 wheels would look better on your car but maybe im just a little biased :)

have you got a pic from the side mate, just im worried about a poor fit, this is a pic of a reiger kit but it may be a copy?? and it doesnt look nice. at least i can trust oetinger

2411240_49_full.jpg

chris_20 said:
i think a set of 19' rs6 wheels would look better on your car but maybe im just a little biased :)

lol, Why dont my Smileys work.....?? ****** things...

DodgyRiegerfront.jpg

Looks like a ***** Fitment, dont know if its a copy or not though. The lines dont meet, surely the owner aint happy with that!!

Mcgough said:
have you got a pic from the side mate, just im worried about a poor fit, this is a pic of a reiger kit but it may be a copy?? and it doesnt look nice. at least i can trust oetinger

Well I think my fit is 99.9% on the ball, Should be for 12odd hrs!!!

Its not whether you can trust Otteinger mate, its wheather you got the patients & the time to fit it properly regardless what kit.

Just out of interest mate, How do you know you can trust otteinger??

100_0990.jpg

100_0991.jpg

100_0975.jpg

100_1001.jpg

Some more to show sort of fitment

100_0996.jpg

100_0987.jpg

100_0976.jpg

100_0977.jpg

.......and excuse to post up some more pics!!!

looks pretty good to me-dont mean to be petty but in the last pic the edge of the bumper seems to have a kink in it?

yeah I just seen it....then popped out on my drive to look, ****** Freezing I must ad but No, it aint a kink, Must have been the Light. It does have a Shape to it though but not what it looks like in the Pic.
Look at the 2nd pic, you'll see its way..

had a oetinger kit previously on another car, and the products are amazing!!
but that reiger kit looks very good too i must admit.

Mcgough said:
had a oetinger kit previously on another car, and the products are amazing!!
but that reiger kit looks very good too i must admit.

Ah right I get where you coming from now.
I was surprised it fit really well without any Shaving at all.

Exhaust being fitted tomorrow morning, Cant wait to finish the Bottom end, Ill post up some pics!!

Re mirror casings try going for the matt finish, they look awesome on car plus the chrome finish in my opinion looks a bit tacky. Apart from that i wouldnt add anything else on the exterior, the kit itself looks awesome and you dont want to take the emphasise away from that. Have you managed to get the mesh as yet for front and rear, a mates bought the same kit and he's struggling getting his hands on the mesh. By the way are them 19's youve got on or 18's - alloys suit the car to a T .

Coming back to red cars - my first car many years ago was a fiat 127 sport - someone stole it first night I had it and when I eventually got it back, that same night someone drove past and scraped the side, when I got that fixed someone stole it again... so I decided never to have a red car and to date I havn't. Its not that the colour looks bad its just brings bad luck to me.

nice job mate, where did you get the job done? looks very very niceeeeee

Reiger kit is on its way, i payed £450 all in for bumper and skirts- direct from reiger-germany and ill keep my s-line rear, plus then ill be visiting DPM for a set of 40mm lowering springs to finish it off nicely!!

How difficult where the Side skirts to fit???

im trying to sorce sumone to just spray the kit and ill fit, my mate cant do it where i normally go!

You had any grief McGough from the Law re the tints? They look like 70% to me?
I've had 35% added for a 'not so gansta' look, which have been fine so far...

Hows the Kit going McGough??
Any pics yet?

Now got my mesh in, Exhaust sorted, Tints done and just had my Remap completed!!! Thats it for me now - ah yeah, after my satin mirror covers:yes: .

Just need it to stop raining now so I can get it Diamond up and post the finishing Pics!!!

DIPS_A4 said:
nice job mate, where did you get the job done? looks very very niceeeeee

Cheers mate, 2 of us did it on one loonnnggg staurday. Stay tuned for updated pics.:icon_thumright:

When I read Rieger kit I imagined a big wide arch kit like they do for the MK4 Golf. I was wrong!

I must say it looks brill and suits the car. Once you get the rear lower mesh and exhaust sorted out your rocking and rolling in one nice looking B6.

Well done and good choice.:respekt:

GFORCE said:
When I read Rieger kit I imagined a big wide arch kit like they do for the MK4 Golf. I was wrong!

I must say it looks brill and suits the car. Once you get the rear lower mesh and exhaust sorted out your rocking and rolling in one nice looking B6.

Well done and good choice.:respekt:

:) yes I was at first to be honest, Expected something a little blown out but once id seen it I thought Yes that will do.

Exhaust, Mesh and Boot spoiler are all on, just waiting for a clear dry day to clean her up and take some fresh pics!!!:icon_thumright:

Just read through this whole post, your car looks ace mate! :thumbsup: