Ally interior trim

Sinny71

S55 LKS
Reaction score
Has anyone ever fitted the alluminium interior trim from VAG Parts ???

I like the look of the Fishtail one but would be iterested in any pics/thoughts anyone else has.

Cheers for that DJ. Do you have any pics of the trim in place?

I've got a copy of the Audi workshop manuals and it seems like those instructions make the job of swaping the trim round the light switches a big job though when they are far more simple. However the Audi manuals make the doors look like a nightmare to do so the instructions have cleared that up.

Thanks again.

I replaced mine back in 2002 on my first saloon and to be honest that write up is making a song and dance out of it, its alot easier than that. The doors were the easiest to remove in my opinion. You have to get your fingures in behind the trim at the end nearest the seats, then pull it gradually out of each clip going towards the dash, the last clip needs to be twisted anti clockwise (I think) and it should come away!

Well I've put my hand in my pocket and ordered it now so we'll see when it turns up, looks simple enough though.
I'll post some pics once I get it sorted.

Sinny71 said:
Well I've put my hand in my pocket and ordered it now so we'll see when it turns up, looks simple enough though.
I'll post some pics once I get it sorted.

excellent, make sure u get the pics up bud and also a review on how u found fitting. what colour stips do u have at the moment as im after some silver ones.

I was going to upload a piccie of my car interior with the ally fishscale jobbies, but I don't seem to have the option -maybe I've not posted enough yet? :blownose:

The trim at the minute is just gloss black, and as dan b says, it does give the car interior an overwhelming blackness.
I'v alo just fitted the mood/submarine type lighting in the roof and while the red glow looks good now I think it will look better with the fishscale gear surround.

The trim arrived today and looks fantastic, thicker gauge alu than I expected but it is genuine Audi stuff so I should have known. I'll see about getting it fitted and grabbing some pics tomorrow weather permitting.

defoo get the pics mate and let us know how the fitting goes.
where did u buy the parts from bud?

Got the parts from Vagparts. Got the 4 door trims, 2 for the dash and the gear surround. I decided to hold off on the ashtray cover until I get RNS E installed as it'll need changing.

Pics?? How much did it set you back in the end? we should try for a GB on these....

My trim around the gearstick is a little loose at the handbrake end actually - is it just stuck down with sticky tape?
VAGPParts rule, I can't recommend them highly enough.

The trim round the gearstick is held down with 4 clips, one in each corner. It would sound to me your surround as been removed and refitted and could be missing a clip. Ifa clip has fallen through the hole it sits in, its prob still in there as there doesn't seem anywhere it can go.
I just used a screwdriver wrapped in a tea towel to prize the surround up.
I got the door trims changed within 5 mins before taking my son to school this morning, I'll do the dash trims later this morning and sort some pics out.
Oh, and for the 7 bits of trim I have (4xdoor, 2xdash and gear suround) it cost me £284.10 inc delivery.

Job done, thats it installed. Looks good..??
More pics in my gallery and I'll write some notes on how the install went later too.

alutrim01aav0.jpg
alutrim02axt5.jpg
alutrim03amb5.jpg

Looks good and stop putting ideas in my head!

pav-g

top notch that mate, dont think i could justify £284 for them though

Neither could I if I stopped to think about it. I may haveto get a bit creative with the old ones to recoup some of the cost.
Was thinking of getting some good vinyl made up by a local graphics guy and fitted properly. Could do carbon fibre but I'm undecided yet. It wont look like tat from ebay though.

I have the piano black trim, it would be nice if the gearstick surround and ashtray matched but they don't they look a bit cack

Yeah, thats what my old one is and I'd not really thought of that. It did look nice but over time the interior was just looking too black..!! This has brightened it up a bit and matches the silver exterior, sort of ties them together if that makes sense.

All my cars have had this trim, looks pretty good, and better than some curtosy cars ive had with gloss black trim which makes the interior look bland!!

i actually need one bit replaced so, wouldnt mind knowing how to remove it!!

and can each be bought seperatly!??

why has your glove box not got a key hole???

Haha
why has your glove box not got a key hole???
I honestly have no idea, it just doesn't. Thought they all must be like that.

As for the replacement parts, check out VAGparts, they mention the stuff I have is slightly different to the ones fitted from the factory but they say to contact them if you need any of that replacing. Worth a go.

Looks the dogs you must be please I just may have to dig deep now ;)

I'm just doing mine, wow what a difference!
VAG Parts is quality, £240 is a bit steep but anything less will just look tatty and let the whole car down. Anyone know how much Audi charge for the same parts?
I didn't realise their stuff was genuine OEM until I got the delivery this morning.
Can't believe that guy on the link above was removing his fishscale to install fake wood! It's just wrong in an Audi, like putting laminate round your 42" plasma - hideous.

600 quid i think andy from audi. did you get the fish scale ? i prefer the brushed ali trim but dont fancy paying 240 for them as i already have fish scale