Worn Brake Pads

hardeep1

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to replace my brake pads on my 2003 a4 1.9tdi, how much would they cost supplied and fitted? I live in Hitchin in Hertfordshire so if anyone could recommend someone to fit them let me know.

Thanks

Hardeep

front or back or both?

if fronts then very easy job to do yourself, you can get the pads from GSF Car Parts for about £20

if the rears need changing you will need a special tool to wind the pistons in so would recommend taking it to a garage

Thanks for that, not sure if its the front or all four but how much would it cost for front or all 4 to supply and fit from a garage?

hardeep1 said:
Thanks for that, not sure if its the front or all four but how much would it cost for front or all 4 to supply and fit from a garage?
depends where you take it really, wouldn't recommend a "stealers" as they will rob you blind....!!!

i have a friend who is a mechanic at a vw stealership, i got the rear pads from GSF for £18 and he did a hobble for me and i slipped him £30 (although he only asked for £20, got to keep him sweet in case i need something else doing ;)), but i had previously been quoted ridiculous prices, one place wanted £150 just to replace the rear pads....yeah right!

most places try to play people for fools and because it is brakes they think you will pay whatever because you don't want to mess around with your safety.

I'm just about to get mine replaced (the low pad sensor fired up on the DIS a few weeks ago)

My local stealer quoted me the following:

£140 for fitting inc parts/VAT
£54 for the pads inc VAT (£75 from another dealer)

:wtf:

Instead I have bought a brand new set off ebay for £30 (inc delivery) and will get them fitted when I take it in for my 1st MOT in a couple of weeks (£10-15 for fitting by the garage)

Hope this helps :racer:

Sheraz

did you get them from an e bay shop ?
which one I need some soon