Chris NottAH Fabrications

Thread: S4 DETAILS

5th Gear

Status

S4 DETAILS

Have come across a red 03 S4 Avant on Trader and it has 2 slight differences, and was wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on them?

1. It has body coloured mirror housings? Was this a no cost option when new (as opposed to the chrome ones more commonly seen).

2. The S4 badge on the boot is located on the right hand side, whereas they're usually on the left?

Am waiting to speak to the dealer selling it to enquire, but thought I might check here as well...?

It's only done 13k miles, and is up for 21.5k...

Thanks
    1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

2. # ADS
    ADS

S6 avant

Status
    s4 badge should be on the left so its most likely the boot has been painted and the badge incorrectly refitted. mirrors are probably the choice of whoever bought it new.
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks - will see what the man says !

5th Gear

Status
    Make sure you get a HPI check just in case!
    Sounds interesting though; very low mileage...
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm pretty sure all B6 S4's came with alloy mirrors. I've never seen one without them. I know they were a cost option on S3's and B5 S4's.

I've seen that car too and there's something not quite 'right' about it. Why is the badge on the right?!!!

IIRC the drivers door handle cover was missing too...........................
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

5th Gear

Status
    as far as i know the option for colour mirrors was not available on the
    for the b6 s4
    sounds a little dodgy to me
    could be a reshell of a damaged s4 which hasnt been recorded

5th Gear

Status
    Spoke to the man.

Apparently the mirror housings were a cost option when new. I haven't checked this for myself, but they said they did when they purchased it, and checked with Audi. Will make a call later today to see.

Re the badge on the boot - he reckons it was simply the guy doing the PDI when new, put it on the wrong side. Simple as that. He also thought it was wrong...

Haven't noticed the door handle cover, but am going to have a look on Saturday.

It's pretty well loaded, with only the satnav not included. For that price and with those miles...maybe... Just got to convince myself the colour's fine!

1st Gear

Status
    could it be someone simply de badged it?

same with mirrors? i know my pals dad used to disguise his s4 with a tdi badge, just for the fun aspects!

19's On Route - H&R Springs - RS4 Mirrors - Carbon Fibre Lip - Alpine Sounds + Incar Ipod - Porsche Exhausts - And Other Tricks
    **Coming Soon**

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmm be careful, I worked for an insurance company and you would be supprised how many times a body shop didn't put badges on the rear correctly after a rear end bump.

Hope it works out for you.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by stoakseya4
    Spoke to the man.

Apparently the mirror housings were a cost option when new. I haven't checked this for myself, but they said they did when they purchased it, and checked with Audi. Will make a call later today to see.

Re the badge on the boot - he reckons it was simply the guy doing the PDI when new, put it on the wrong side. Simple as that. He also thought it was wrong...

Haven't noticed the door handle cover, but am going to have a look on Saturday.

It's pretty well loaded, with only the satnav not included. For that price and with those miles...maybe... Just got to convince myself the colour's fine!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Niknak
    Hmmm be careful, I worked for an insurance company and you would be supprised how many times a body shop didn't put badges on the rear correctly after a rear end bump.

Hope it works out for you.
    Ian

I know exactly where you're coming from!

I'd be VERY wary of this car TBH. Badges on the wrong side at PDI!!! jackinory!!! The badges are fitted in Bavaria not Battersea!!!

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

Neutral

Status
    I'll second that, I served my time with Jag and then went to Audi for a bit and I can tell you the badges are factory fitted.

I'm pretty sure the mirror caps were alu as std too.

I actually went to luck at a S4 once and someone had painted over the alu!!! Strange!!!

There could be a perfectly good reason for the alterations though.

The previous chaps idea of a HPI is essential although by law, I think the garage had to have done one when they aquired the car and informed you of any issues.

Hope it's ok. It'd be good for someone to check it over for you.

Good luck buddy!

Neutral

Status
    Check this for the standard fit bits...

http://parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/equi...px?deriv=24512
    :: Audi S4 B6 :: 53 reg :: SILVER :: DVD SAT NAV ::