1.9 TDi 130 Remap...which one????

Sinny71

S55 LKS
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum after stumbling across it today but I have to say well done to all involved in making it so good. I'm hooked already and can see me wasting my life on here from now on.

I've got a 2004 1.9 TDi 130 Avant Sport and have been looking into getting it chipped/remapped. Problem is there are loads to choose from out there so I was wondering whether anyone can offer any advice on which one to go for???

Any thoughts would be appreciated, as would any recommendations about anywhere to get the job done in the Newcatle/Durham area.

Cheers
Mick

Mick,

Have a look in the diesel section as some members (myself inculded) have posted write ups of their remaps which you might find helpful.

oh - and welcome to A.S-net by the way

Mike

Cheers DPM, I may just do that. I'm in Burnopfield so you are just down the Road.

DPM, Having spent the whole night reading on here I think I'm gonna have to get in touch and part with my money.

One question first though, my car has covered over 80k miles in its shot life and while thats no problem at all for the engine in normal tune, could this cause any problems with having it remapped??

Cheers

With the strength of Audi engines and also the way we map the car, it really won't be a problem. We've done cars on a 04 plates with nearly 80,000+ miles on them with no problems so yours should be ok. We'll do a full check on the car before hand anyway. Just give us a ring and we'll get you booked in!

DPM........superchips have let me down so i might be visiting you soon

Cheers Damian, I've not stopped grinning since it was done.

I cant recommend DPM or the Remap enough, well worth a look to anyone who's thinking of getting it done. :)

I think any one would be happy with any re-map, as they make so much differance. i cant vouch for his work but DPM's customer service seems top notch, keep it up mate. I will be ordering my suspension soon. as for the chip.......

TODAY WENT A BIT FUNNY..........

I was planning on DPM to re-map my car after superships let me down, i went to work today think ill ring DPM tommora and sort stuff out but.... they rang and asked my girlfriend to bring the car in today to have another try (she thought i knew) so having got in from work i find my car is now been superchipped, there customer service is none exsistant and there warrenty scheme is not worth the paper its written on.

but i cant thank the garage who carried it out enough, they did a top job!!!

and nest off all my receipt reads....

Audi A4 Avant Quattro
Engine type : Turbo-Diesel
Engine size : 1896 cm3
Cylinders : 4

Original bhp : 130
Original nm : 310
BHP increase : 31
NM gain : 56
Lb/Ft gain : 41

161Bhp doesnt sound much but the 366nm makes all the differance, its a differant machine. it Feels great, and even has turbo chatter, first time i took it out i tried a quick get away and the rear tyres lit up at the traffic lights.........ooops i didnt mean too