A4 Climate control problem

tonyt102

Reaction score
Hi there chaps.

The climate control on my 2003 S4 is playing up...

The passenger side climate is stuck on hot. You can still change the temp reading but it doesn't change the temp of the air. It keeps fixing its self and then coming back. I'm thinking a flap must be stuck or something.

Has anyone had one of these out and knows where to look?

Thanks,

Antony.

Sounds familiar! Happened to mine for 1 day only! You can set the temperature on the passenger side to Low - and cold air comes out, otherwise always hot.

Got in the car the next day - was fine and hasn't come back, yet.

Just had the car put on VAG COM and says faulty LHS temp control flap, motor or wiring.

The garage say they need to see the problem so they can check the feed to the motor to rule out wiring...as it is intermitent thats quite difficult.

Has anyone had this problem?

if it ends up being the climate control unit, i have one that ive bought and never used!

Had this from my car also, i believe it was a heater flap motor

Yep me too, was the motor on the flap.
Nice and easy to change, just glovebox out and a couple screws.
HTH

Someone at work had the same problem, I cannot remeber exactly what it was - I think it was the motor, it was replaced under warranty though.

I think I might just have a go at the motor if all you guys have had the same problem. You say it's quite an easy job a4sline???

The VAGCOM did pick up on possible motor problems. It also said wiring which I doubt it is, or a sticky flap which I could check and lube when I do the motor.

Anyone remember how much the motor was or were they all done under warranty?

I hate these intermitent problems!

Done under warranty but it took about 8 visits for them to find and fix it. ******* useless they are

Sounds familiar.

The garage that did the VAGCOM wouldn't commit until they see the problem.

I'm hopefully not paying for it as I bought the car from a dealer about 6 weeks ago.

Hi, I have similar problem, in that when i start my car in the morning or evening, cold start, and drive off, there is no air coming from the ventilation, i tried to change fan speed, but nothing, then after 10 mins driving, i could feel heat coming from ventilation, but no fan. then after 45-60 mins driving, fan started to work full. any idea why this is so and what should i do? change blower motor or climate control unit? been told various opinions, 2 commons - change blower motor or climate control unit.

ozique said:
Hi, I have similar problem, in that when i start my car in the morning or evening, cold start, and drive off, there is no air coming from the ventilation, i tried to change fan speed, but nothing, then after 10 mins driving, i could feel heat coming from ventilation, but no fan. then after 45-60 mins driving, fan started to work full. any idea why this is so and what should i do? change blower motor or climate control unit? been told various opinions, 2 commons - change blower motor or climate control unit.

The solution is to replace the blower power module. The blower works off of PWM, of which the power module then modulates the voltage to the blower motor. The issue is with the power module. It's actually a very common problem with the B6. I've had mine replaced once already and I had the same exact symptoms. It's not your climate control, do not replace it!!

Hi Dan, thanks for your advice. what's blower power module look like and where can i find it? how much did you replace it and how long did it take to be replaced? thanks.

The power module is typically located near the blower itself. I believe in the A4 it's behind the glovebox. So you'll need to take out the glove box and see if you can find it. I'm not sure of the price because I had the dealer replace mine under warranty. I can find out for you.