Auto lights

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I have auto lights in my car, and the lights around the switch seem odd. When I'm in auto mode, the "auto" lettering does not illuminate. It does illuminate when in every other position. Is this right?

The top picture is with the lights in the ON position. The lower picture is with the lights in the AUTO position. Why does the AUTO lettering not illuminate when AUTO is selected?

It should illuminate . . . Checked mine tonight and the auto lights up 'Yellowy' when it's in this selected position.
Hope this is of help.

Was this an optional extra or on later cars? Ive a 1.8T B6 on a 51 plate and cant say ive noticed this on mine. What happens when its on auto ne way, does it turn lights on when it thinks its to dark? :think: Ne way the whole light switch should just prise out but im sure the unit is sealed the one on my Vento was sealed

Yes, It's an optional extra. The lights will automatically switch on and off depending on the ambient light conditions.

It's been like that since I bought the car and I just accepted it as normal. If I'd have posted this earlier I would have had it fixed under warranty, too late now. I can live with it.