Blown bulb

b4rkie

Reaction score
Hi,

A4 B6.

Just noticed that a bulb has blown near the dashboard. It illuminates half
of the main headlight switch.

That's not explained very well, sorry - let me expand....

to the right of the steering wheel is the main headlight switch and when you switch on the lights, the surround is illuminated. One part of the surround (on the right hand side) is dark.

Should be easy to replace the bulb behind but Im not sure where to start.

Can anyone offer any clues for me? I think it's going to involve removing the lower part under the steering wheel and somehow putting my hand up inside.

Thanks.

The switch does come out of the dash, something about turning it to position x and then pulling it outwards. Someone on here should be able to help, if not I'll look on elsawin when I get home for you.

I have just called Audi - Huddesfield as mine is also dark on the right had side... they say the bulbs cant be replaced and a new switch is required.. £69.00 INC VAT... as its a sealed unit...

Seems strange... so im going to pull mine out and have a look...

Does you Fogs Front and rear light up

Cheers

RickT

mine did work till about 1 month ago... however my dads a4 1.9TDI Q SE was like that from day one..he thought it was normal as the fogs light up.. and it was only 3 years later when i got in it i noticed....

Cheers..

A few years ago the lights on the electric mirror switch went out on my Audi 80, I was quoted around £40 for a new switch as I was told that the bulbs could not be replaced. I took it to a local electronics firm who had a look, said it was diodes that had blown which they replaced for around £10. The lights were still working perfectly for the next 6 years when I sold the car. Maybe worthwhile taking the switch to be checked to see if it is diodes fitted.

Hope this is of some help.