If you had a Friday car...

A42002

Reaction score
Just found this forum, and found it very helpful!

I have a 2002 A4 3.0, this is my second Audi, loved my first one, 1998 A4 2.8 loaded up quite well, was a dream!

This second one i've purchased has been more of a nightmare. Have had many issues, from the radio not working one day, to engine coils replaced multiple times before and after recall, leaks from both headlight washers, loud creak from left wheel in reverse, tiptronic shifting worked on twice, and other small but annoying issues. I realize that all these repairs have happened during warrenty. But after the car being in the shop 20+ times in the two years i've purchased it, i've started to not love driving this car. Anyone have similiar issues or am I the unlucky one?

Oh, btw, my powersteering fluid was completely dry just this week, no leak found, and the car was just in for service two months ago. It's issues like this that make me look to other types of cars. Help me! :confused

Hi I too have an 2002 A4. Mine is a 1.8T and thought that I'd let you know that mine too has been in and out of the dealer on numerous occasions for minor problems such as sensors failing to major problems such as it using all it oil just 6 weeks after its service. There was no leak but they replaced all the coils which seems to have solved the problem of the poor idleing engine but where all the oil went is a mystery. Anyway hope you get yours sorted at long last.

my sisters 96 A4 ate up all her power steering fluid. but i think its ok now. not too sure.