EM TuningMonster Motorsport

Thread: MY TOP TIP!!!!

Neutral

Status

Exclamation MY TOP TIP!!!!

Just incase you didnt know!!!

You know when your driving along alone and you increase or deacrease the drivers temp to say from 18'c to 22.5'c which is equal to say 8 clicks, then you have to do the same to the passeger side to make it equal...

Did you know that if you change the driver temp as above from 18'c to 22.5'c and then press and hold "AUTO" on the drivers side for 2 seconds the passenger side increases to the same as the drivers....
    THEN -- whenever you change the drivers temp using "+" & "-" the passgenr increases/decrease at the same time!!!!

To change it back so its not changing both sides at the same time all you need to do is press the + or - on the passengers side to make both sides indpendant again!!..

i asked the sales guy at local Audi Dealer if you could do it and he said no.............. so i said to him... "dont worry about it! ... i will show you!!!! ,,, he didnt see the funny side!! LOL!!

It makes sense when driving alone!!!

Please let me know if you knew or not and any feedback!!!

Cheers
    Last edited by RickT; 14th December 2006 at 13:44.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think everyone knows about this and those who don't should read their manual there is lots of stuff in there.

Neutral

Status
    u will be surpised how many dont....

as i said.. Just incase you didnt know!!!

Cheers

RickT

4th Gear

Status
    i knew bout that but only from reading it on this website

*looks for my manual*

5th Gear

Status
    Already knew this from when I got the car first, but some people don't even realise they have a sun visor over their rear view mirror for ages. There are a lot of things that non-enthuasiasts may never find out about. Stealers only need to know enough to sell the cars, I wouldn't call them enthuasiasts tbo.

B6 A4 1.9TDi 130Bhp, 18" RS6 Reps, iPod ICELink, S4 Grill, S4 Door Flares

1st Gear

Status
    I knew this only because I'm an HVAC engineer and I knew to read my owner's manual.

Here are some other interesting facts about the A/C system.

The control is made by Siemens VDO.
    The HVAC Module is made by Valeo.

1) If you are in AUTO mode with the LED in the button lit up and you move your blower setting, then you exit FULL AUTO mode and the LED turns off, but if you move the blower back to where it would be if you were in AUTO mode then the system automatically goes back into AUTO mode and the LED turns back on in the button.

2) Under certain ambient conditions if you spray washer fluid on your windshield the climate control will force your RECIRC door into partial recirc for about 5-15 seconds to prevent the smell of the washer fluid from entering your cabin.

3) In some countries during warm climates when in AUTO mode the defrost door will open to allow air to the windshield to keep moisture off the glass. This isn't a feature in the USA but I found that by recoding my electrical control module to "Rest of the World" and by recalibrating my HVAC control I accidentally turned on this feature.

4) You can switch from Metric to English by holding down the the left temp + button and the manual recirc button. It will also change your outside air temp reading in the cluster.

There are some things but I don't have time to type them up. See if you can find them.
    -Dan from Detroit

2002 A4 3.0 Tip/Quattro/Sport/Premium
    Quattro GmbH front and lower door flares | Powerchip ECU Chip
    Borla Cat-back exhaust | Hyperflow Intake | B7 RS4 Dead Pedal with RS6 Gas/Brake Pedal
    Bi-Xenon Headlamps | S4 Sideview Mirrors | Phatnoise in Glovebox

Neutral

Status
    one big issue i had in the summer when its was about 30'c and i had the aircon on at 18'c on AUTO mode the fron winscreen keept misting up on the outside.

this only occured while in traffic but have to leep putting the wipers on the clear it... which is not good when the sun baked fly collection on the front wont move and you get a big smear...

Cheers

RickT

Neutral

Status
    Good to know, I hadn't picked this up from the manual, only the endless list of optional extras you can get bolted on to your A4!
    Like the garage/gate opening system, cool, however not required on my stately mansion!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT
    one big issue i had in the summer when its was about 30'c and i had the aircon on at 18'c on AUTO mode the fron winscreen keept misting up on the outside.

this only occured while in traffic but have to leep putting the wipers on the clear it... which is not good when the sun baked fly collection on the front wont move and you get a big smear...

Cheers

RickT
    Rick, that is the issue of there being cold air blowing on your windshield causing the outside air to condense on the windshield. There is a way to recode your electrical control module and recalibrate your climate control to get rid of this. So far I haven't tested how to do this but I know it can be done. Once completed it will prevent the defrost door from moving open in warm climates, thus preventing the issue you speak of from happening.
    -Dan from Detroit

2002 A4 3.0 Tip/Quattro/Sport/Premium
    Quattro GmbH front and lower door flares | Powerchip ECU Chip
    Borla Cat-back exhaust | Hyperflow Intake | B7 RS4 Dead Pedal with RS6 Gas/Brake Pedal
    Bi-Xenon Headlamps | S4 Sideview Mirrors | Phatnoise in Glovebox

Reverse Gear

Status
    had my car for a year still aint got used to the controls!