Letter to Audi Customer services

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have had a fair few little problems with my A4 since I bought it new, and audi sent me a letter saying they would give me 150 quid because of my inconvienience which i think is a joke when I have had to visit several dealerships several times, about 25 times in total.

This letter is the latest installment because when my service was done (monday) i have had some problems.... read on

Dear Sir/Madam
As per your letter (a copy of which is enclosed) I agreed that the sum of money to be reimbursed to me would come off of my next service, which has just been completed by Chelmsford Audi. I would like this to now be fulfilled.
I would also like to point out, that despite having been to 4 different Audi dealerships since buying my car new in 2004, I have found them overall to be very poor with regard to technical ability.
Having just had my car serviced, I also requested that whilst the car was at Chelmsford Audi they might look at my glove box which wouldn’t open. They wrote on the warranty form that they replaced the glove box, which they have not, they have just replaced the latch. I pointed this out and the person I spoke to in service said they must have forgotten to add the word “latch”.
If this is the case lets hope nobody needs an engine mount replaced and they omit the word “mount” on the warranty claim form.

Since the latch replacement, the glove box is incredibly stiff to open and close and sounds like it has about 10 marbles in the lid it rattles so much.
Not to mention that now my car’s heater sounds like it’s got a lolly stick against the blower blade.

Also, both my front alloys have come back scratched whilst in Chelmsford Audi’s care, I now have to re-visit and have them repaired, as well as the other issues that have arisen since my service.

I had some recurring problems with a VW Golf GTI I used to own and Abridge VW bent over backwards to help me out, even going so far as to lend me a car (another GTI) off their sales forecourt whilst mine was in for repair, which I subsequently purchased. They also gave me a free service!
Why is Audi, the supposed prestige arm of VAG got such terrible customer service and technical ability?

I feel totally let down by Audi, I will certainly think twice about buying another.

I would appreciate your immediate attention to this matter.

Yours faithfully

Thats a shame, feel for you bud.
I know that Audi dealerships can be very variable, I always found the Hereford dealer brilliant and the Worcester dealer a bunch of thieving liars.
It's wrong on a prestige brand, but know of similar problems with Merc. and Volvo dealers.
If you continue to have problems and you are not getting the satisfaction you feel you deserve I would highly recommend visiting your local Citizens Advice Bureau they are masters of consumer law.

Last time I went to the stealers I had a fairly large argument and called them thieves in front of lots of customers, they caked it and halved what they were charging me. One thing for sure is I'll never go back to them ever again. One of the main reasons I'm looking into other makes and models at the mo.