AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Is lowering required

Advice needed please

Car model.....2003 A4 1.8t 190 sport gmbh

I am currently awaiting the arrival of a set of RS4 19''alloys, i am seeking advice as to whether my car would look better lowered once they are fitted, nothing to severe, just so it doesnt look outa place.

Can someone tell me if my car has lower suspension than standard w it beeing a "sport"

What is a reasonable gap between tyre and arch for the above.

If lowering is needed, do i just need springs and if so which are the better ones .

Also, my car just now has 17''alloys on 235/45/17 tyres, will I by fitting 19'' alloys on 235/35/19 tyres alter the present gap at all ??/ (hope this makes sense)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Theoretically the gap will stay roughly the same because the radius of the wheels does not change. The 19" wheels have tyres which have smaller sidewalls to compensate for the larger diameter alloys. But, the bigger alloys will "appear" to fill the wheel arch more, making it more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. I wouldn't bother with lowering purely for looks, because the lowering might affect the overall comfort of the suspension. On the other hand, if you're looking for a better handling car and are willing to compromise on comfort then go for it. I have a sport, and I find the balance between handling and comfort is perfect for my driving needs. I found the S-Line(slightly lower than the sport) did not suit my needs as it became too hard for the state of the roads that are my normal everyday driving roads. I don't think that the roads here in the UK are suitable for stiff suspensioned cars, and I think they'll cause more rattles to develop as the miles accumulate.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    First off the rolling radius of the replacement tyres are the same as the old so there will be No gap difference. Your car will look better lowered, the best system out there for lowering would be coilovers as you can adjust how high or low you want your car to ride. If you want to find out wheter or now your car has factory sport suspension you will need to check out the sticker in your spare wheel well. You can buy a sport or 'S-line' with both sport and non sport suspension. I have sport and there is a 10mm gap at the rear and about 20mm at the front, I also have the same rolling radius as you.
    If you do not have sort suspension I can't invasize this enough replace both springs and shocks as you will in the long run so save money now and have the them istalled together.
    Hope this helps!
    Audi - Lord OF The Rings
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 163bhp S-Line Avant
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 190bhp S-Line saloon
    2001 Audi A4 1.8T 150bhp saloon
    2002 Audi A3 1.6 Ambition