Miss fire?

Just Plain Old

Reaction score
Driving to Birmingham today, the engine management light comes on and engine starts to sound rough and loses power! Oh **** I think, anyway no red warning thingys come on, so I carry on, but every time I put my foot down at low revs the whole car would vibrate!!

Double **** I think, manage to drive about 30+ miles home, phone AA, they come out put diagnostic thing on and tell me it's miss firing on cylinder No 6, which he reckons is probably caused by the bit that makes the spark. (but he didn't have one)

If he's right I'm quite relieved, I thought the whole engine was ********!

So, two questions....... Do you think he's right? And, has anyone else had the same problem??

Firstly how old is the car,and it could be it miss firing or the head is gone...Before i bought my audi a4,i bought two old bangers (fiesta) and it was the same problem like yours.Everyone said it the plugs and it ok but took it to the mechanic and they said the engine or the head is gone.So if i were you get check out.

Thanks, I guess it would have helped if I'd said it was an S4 just over 3 Years old!!

Got it taken to the main dealer and their thingy can't read whatever, so it's going to AMD who did the stage 3 Mod on it.