Alluminium window trim

johnlondonw3

Reaction score
Im looking to buy an Avant2002 to 2004,I want to fit aluminium trim around the windows
Anyone know if this can be done and how much does thetrim cost ?

Hiya,
My local Audi quoted me approx £300ish for the parts and the same again for fitting. The service guy thought I'd have to be really keen to go ahead.
In the end I didn't.
Let's know how you get on.:thumbsup:

i read a post on an american forum with a guy in ur same positon, basically dont bother!

lots of hassle, and never looks bank on, and u need to replace the small windows at the back too i heard!

Thanks guys ,sounds like a lot of work,Ive got a very good body shop near me ,I think I'll ask them if theyve ever done this and what they charge,I'll let you know what they say.

Rang Audi dealer today,the front windows cost £27.13 each and your right about the back fixed window it all has to be replaced and they are £50 each all plus VAT I reckon that to be a total of £243 ,and then need to be fitted.

Not sure what to do,Ideally find a car with them already on .

jr001 said:
Hiya,
My local Audi quoted me approx £300ish for the parts and the same again for fitting. The service guy thought I'd have to be really keen to go ahead.
In the end I didn't.
Let's know how you get on.:thumbsup:

:( I went to my local dealers and they wanted £1500 quid to change the window trim to aluminium on my saloon, parts worked out at about £450 the rest was labour and vat, so I didnt go ahead with it.

Thats a real pity it cant be retrofitted cause it looks really good, especially with the mirrors as well.

CIMG0364_002.jpg

Does anyone know how to remove the silver trim, I am having a rear door replaced on A4 B6 saloon and the new door doesn't have the trim fitted so I need to take it off the old door assy and fit it to the new one.

If anyone has any links to forums that have a tutorial/installation guide that would be great! :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice, just had the new door delivered yesterday and asked the guy if he new the best way to remove the trim.

he advised to get a wall paper scraper, or some over kinda tool along the same lines, wind the window right down and then work your way along the trim pushing the scraper up under the trim but only lifting a fraction at a time. keep doing this back 'n' forth along the trim until it is ready to just lift off, this way the trim will not get bent if you just start pulling from one end.

jr001 said:
Don't forget to mask the bodywork before applying your scraper!!!!!
:scared2:

ha! don't panic, the trim is coming off the old door which will get scrapped and then it is being fitted to the new door. my missus decided to pick a fight with a bollard and the bollard came out on top!!! surprise surprise! :sadlike: