A Bit Lower would be nice

xsara700

Reaction score
:shrug: Can anyone advise on the best springs to by for my 2001 1.8t ? The shocks were changed just before i got the car so they are new ( standard). I am also planning on fitting 18's. will this make any diffrence on how much to lower the car by, dont want to go too low as the scottish roads are Cr*p. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pm dpm on here

good guy and really helpful too!

:thumbsup: Cheers for that, these seem like a good option, seen some sets on ebay at about £70 but i guess you get what you pay for!!! I will be in touch soon, hopefully selling a scirocco this weekend so that will pay for the springs.

I wouldn't buy cheap suspension if i was you.Better paying a bit more to get alot more.

I put H&R lowering springs on my 01 B6 1.8T, it had the original non sport suspension. They lowered the car just the way I wanted it, (around 30-35mm) the same level all around, but unfortunetly the ride was to bouncy when you went over speed bumps and it didn't handle well in corners, there was increased body roll so I fitted a set of Koni adjustable shocks a few weeks later and this was the dogs b@ll*cks. So take my advice and only pay once and have them fitted together. Just make sure you have all the tracking and rake etc done as well. We have much the same roads here in Ireland so if you go with this set up you wont regret it, Just watch out when you are parking beside curbs because you will not be able to mount them without scrapping the underside of the car. I too had 18's fitted and to be honest you do need to drop the car in my opinion .

:uhm:Thanks, That could be an idea but if i buy a kit which one??? I dont want to spend a fortune as i still have the 18"s to buy as well.