Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Valeo Ultimate Wiper blades = OEM Aero Wiper blades

FYI: Valeo OE Ultimate Wiper Blades Size: (22 inch #GOB22-5B) are the SAME Audi AERO Blades.

I bought a set of the Valeo's and the part numbers on the blades are identical to the ones on the OEM blades. If you look at the two blades side by side they look identical.

I can get a set locally from a store for $35/set whereas the dealer wants $66/set.

http://www.ultimatewiperblade.com/oe.php
    Last edited by dstech; 15th November 2006 at 04:42.
    -Dan from Detroit

2002 A4 3.0 Tip/Quattro/Sport/Premium
    Quattro GmbH front and lower door flares | Powerchip ECU Chip
    Borla Cat-back exhaust | Hyperflow Intake | B7 RS4 Dead Pedal with RS6 Gas/Brake Pedal
    Bi-Xenon Headlamps | S4 Sideview Mirrors | Phatnoise in Glovebox

2. # ADS
    ADS

Sir Scouser Benitez

Status

Question

i think im in need of a set of new blades, but i cannot see how paying that much extra for a pair of blades is going to benefit me?? Whats the big rage over these Aero blades????????
    |B6 A4 1.9 PD TDI Sport | Fully Colour-Coded |18" RS6 Reps | EBC Grooved Discs | Greenstuff Pads | Jabbasport Custom Remap - 141.9hp @ 3683rpm / 368Nm @ 2154rpm | Complete With Drivers Detailing Disorder |

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JGrant1285
    i think im in need of a set of new blades, but i cannot see how paying that much extra for a pair of blades is going to benefit me?? Whats the big rage over these Aero blades????????
    The biggest issue for me is noise. I found the older style wipers very noisy. They would "thud" when reaching the top and bottom of the sweep as the rubber changes direction - most noticeable at speeds below 55 mph, and particularly thuddy at standstill. They did seem to be quieter at motorway speeds. I thought a new set of blades would cure it, but still the same. The aero wipers are almost silent at each end of the sweep. Also, they seem to "smear" less than even the new blades of the older style wipers.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Anyone know of a supplier in Uk or Ireland? VAGParts Maybe?

B6 A4 1.9TDi 130Bhp, 18" RS6 Reps, iPod ICELink, S4 Grill, S4 Door Flares