Difficult to choose regarding the sound system

Reaction score
Hello all i have an Audi A4 B6 from 2003 with a Chorus II head unit. I want to upgrade my sound system because i want to play cds. What would you advice me to buy. I need to choose from Concert II or an original CD changer.
What do you recommned me.

Well, are you fussed about having a cd changer? A cd changer does give you 6 discs to choose from, which means that you don't have to go rooting around your glove-box and swapping discs constantly. But, If you want to install the cd changer, you need to fit a new glove-box, so from a cost point of view it may be cheaper getting a concert II to replace your Chorus II.

If you still decide to get a changer, let me know as I have a complete glove-box(black) and changer for sale.

I would suggest getting rid of the crap audi factory Headunit.

I've got an Alpine single din 9850 H/U with the high speed ipod link into the glovebox. This gives me over 400 albums with all the track names displayed on the headunit and controlled from the headunit. Under £200 for the unit and £10 for the facia adaptor.

I personally wouldn't invest anymore money in the Audi sound system. Going aftermarket means for a little more money you can have a DAB HU that plays mp3 CD's (10 albums on a single CD) and has a proper interface for iPOD etc, oh and will also improve the overall sound. If you don't want to change the look of the dash then surely ICELink to iPOD or Phatbox is a far better investment than a changer.

I personally think audi's sound system are crap.Recently i had a pioneer dvd install in my car with 6 cd changer.it sound a lot better but it cost alot more.facial adaptor and leads for the new stereo,etc.if you have the money to spend,then alpine or pioneer.