Servicing interval reset

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is there any way to do this? I don't want to change the car to fixed servicing unless I have to but my next service will be my last Audi one, as I can't bear the 70 quid per hour labour charge when I can do a better job myself.

I have reset my Audi Variable Service no problem.
You will need full VAG com (you have to save adaptations but shareware VAGCom does not let you do this).

You don't need vag-com to do this.

Here's how to reset the service reminder on a B6:

-Turn car off
-Hold "Wrench" Button on Console
-Turn on car (don't need to start)
-Press Trip Odometer Reset (0,0) while still holding Wrench

dstech said:

Here's how to reset the service reminder on a B6:

-Turn car off
-Hold "Wrench" Button on Console
-Turn on car (don't need to start)
-Press Trip Odometer Reset (0,0) while still holding Wrench

Does this set the car to fixed servicing?

timps said:
I have reset my Audi Variable Service no problem.
You will need full VAG com (you have to save adaptations but shareware VAGCom does not let you do this).

What is that and where would i get it from? PM me if its not suitable for open discussion:angrymod:

dstech said:

You do need VAG com if you want to keep it on AVS (Audi Variable Servicing) & A4Quattro wrote : "I don't want to change the car to fixed servicing unless I have to".

The method you indicated resets it to fixed servicing at 10000 miles only & not AVS.

You have 2 options

1) Buy an official lead from http://www.ross-tech.com/ full Vagcom is included with the lead.

or

2) Buy a cheaper lead from eBay or http://www.talktomycar.co.uk/ and then buy a full Vagcom licence from ross-tech (this is the cheaper option but you don’t get the same backup).

The Vagcom shareware is free to download & you can do quite a lot with it and a cheap eBay cable but you will need the full version to reset AVS.

Seems like a lot of dough to reset an indicator, 399 dollars for a lead!!

It does a lot more than just reset the service indicator.
I bought mine as a fault code reader and to alter some settings.
My eBay cable cost £15 and about £50 for the VAGCom licence for my A4 B6 I recouped that on doing my own service and being able to rectify a fault code but I take your point its not cheap.

timps said:
You do need VAG com if you want to keep it on AVS (Audi Variable Servicing) & A4Quattro wrote : "I don't want to change the car to fixed servicing unless I have to".

The method you indicated resets it to fixed servicing at 10000 miles only & not AVS.

Sorry I missed that originally timps.

Ya, get the Vag-com software it works great. I have the latest Ross-tech USB cable and it works great.

If you don't plan to do much with vag-com and your car then just do the eBay route and use the shareware version of vag-com.

There is a cracked version of 303 floating around the internet but obviously if you want to use their software you should buy it.