Will it fail?

Mikebabs1

Reaction score
Got my MOT on Thursday and was just wondering whether the fact that one of my rear number plate bulbs isn't working would result in a fail?

Anyone know?

Also, whilst on the subject, is it a dealer job to get a new part for this? It's not just the bulb but the whole fitting has come out, i.e. the bit which holds the bulb in and the plastic covering. The plastic around the screw has cracked.

Cheers

Mike

Use some glue or silicone to get you through the MOT, the bulb should be simple to replace. If it's hanging out they'll sopt it but if it's neatly fixed - no problem.

If it doesn't light up then it will fail.

As above I'd use hot glue or something to hold it in place or nip to a dealer as they always have them in stock.

Thanks guys. It sounds stupid, but I hadn't even thought about just gluing it back in as a temporary measure ... yet it's so obvious! Duh!

Superglued it into place this evening ready for tomorrow and checked that the light still illuminates and it looks fine.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow now!

Cheers

Mike

Ok, that did the trick as it didn't fail on the lights, however it did fail because it needed a new tyre.

Garage quoted me £85 +vat for a michelin. Politely declined and got straight onto blackcircles.com. Having 2 new rears fitted on Saturday for £111 all in. Went for the Falkens (205/55/16V) as I'd heard they were very good, and the blackcircles site rates them as good as the premium brands. I think the tyres that are being replaced might be the originals, and the car's done 64k!

Back in to the garage for a re-test on Monday.

Mike

******, it's always the obvious things:keule: . We spend time fretting about emissions and headlight levels, and we forget to check the tyres:busted_cop:. Schoolboy mistake really :whistle2: