Leaving Shortly

howatsi

Reaction score
After careful consideration and adopting an Airedale Terrorist, I mean terrier, I've decided to swap the current kennel on wheels (A4 Avant 1.9TDI Quattro Sport - Apr04 - 72k miles- Ebony black pearl - plus a few extras)
Feedback on this car for anybody thinking about buying one.
This has been a good motor, faults - wheel sensor & PAS groan on full lock - all sorted under warranty, breakdowns - nil, days off road apart from servicing - none, it has been faultless, could have been lucky - don't think so, just a well sorted motor. MPG high 40s (45+), tyre wear 25k Conti Sport Contacts 2, still on it original front pads. Comfortable seats in the front.
Extras fitted
ILP - nice at night should be standard though.
Rear park sensors - useful especially when the "boss" is parking.
Interior alloy trim - breaks up the sombre black interior
Symphony 6CD player - depends on how much you like music, if you can get by on radio 2 though stick with the single CD player
Storage pack - very handy, good for hiding stuff in the under seat drawers and maps on the back seat nets.
FCA - O.K. if you do a lot of motorway miles like me, tip though as soon as you are off the m-way, fold it up out of the way.
Cool box - handy if you want a cool drink - it should be bigger to get a 4 pack in (only joking!)

Quattro 4 wheel drive - superb - you are spolit if you have it, it just goes no spin no drama just traction!

And the only downside is the cost of Audi servicing, even after negotiating a discount! Come on Audi you need to do something about especially for private owners.

A good experience and a good motor!

And the replacement after looking at a Touareg/Disco/5 Series/ A6 Avant? Clue - Look in the B7 Forum.

Couldn't agree more - I changed my blue B6 A4 1.9tdi Q Sport with 93k miles on it for a new black B7 A4 2.0tdi Q Sline. Only problem I had over past 42 months was replacement wiper motor - nothing else bar tyres, brakes and servicing - faultless!. Solid stable Motor - I almost went Passat but Audi launced 2.0tdi Q just in time!!