Help Rear Window Wont Roll Back Up :(

Haroulli

Reaction score
My wife has been driving my car lately as hers is getting its front end repair after we got involved in a hit and run.

On her way to work she rolled down the rear LH window but now it wont roll back up :(

She managed to pull it up out of the door and get it to close that way but it doesn't stay there very securely.

The window will still roll back down with the controls but wont roll up for anything!

Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas on how much the Stealers will want to fix it as its just out of its warranty with 51500 miles :(

Thanks

it could be out of the runners ?
does it make any weird noises when trying to put the window up or is it just dead ?

Thanks for your reply Olly,

I can hear a faint clicking noise like something is out of place. If it was out of the runners it wouldn't go down would it?

I am tempted to take the door card off my self and have a look but i dont want to break any clips as they're not really meant for unclipping and clipping back in again are they!?

Slightly different car but my old 1991 Range rover had a fault last year. I took of the door card and cut open the waterproof guard i could easily see the problem. Dought it was the same as the Ranger rovers though as my hold window mechanism had rotted away!! typical British car.

I guess that you will be able to buy new clips from the stealer if you brake your old ones.

Opened it up its the big plastic big that connects to the actual window has worn away from where it pulled up by the wire with metal inline sink. I've fixed it so it wont keep falling down and stuff but its booked in with the dealers.