Chrome mirror cap fitting

Arf

Reaction score
Bought the chromw mirror caps for ma b6 a4 can any1 give me a guide to fitting them cos there aint no instructions

cheers oh yea and can u make it idiot proof for me lolololol

Fisrt you hace to position the glass as if you were looking up to the stars!, this allows you to get your figures in under the bottom of the glass, then give the glass a firm pull towards you, the glass is held on with 2-3 spring type clips. You can disconnect the 2 plugs (electrical heated mirrors) that hold the glass or you can do what I did and leave the glass hanging. Now look underneath the mirror cap at the black piece of trim on the bottom, there are 2 philips head screws, remove these. Once removed you can slide the black trim out away from the car, this will involve you pushing the trim from the inside of the mirror cap, once reomved you can lift the mirror cap upwards until the clips on the cap clear the internal cast alluminium frame (this is the part attached to the car). Then if you left your mirror hanging feed it out through the cap.
Hope this helps, it hard to describe something like this without pictures. Good luck!