EM TuningVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

2.5 v6 tdi quattro

hi guys ive been reading some posts, and gather that cruise control can be fitted to all a4 b6 models is this correct??I would love this as my car is mapped and im always doing 75ish in a 60 my last golf gt tdi 150 didnt have it but the stealers sold a retro kit for it.So my car is a march 02 car 180bhp model i would like all info like part numbers etc thanks in advance tommy

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Sorry not an answer, but would also be very keen to find out if an aftermarket cruise control was available for a 2004 A4 1.9 TDI Quattro Avant.

Neutral

Status
    This seems to show it's possible. No idea what deive by wire means though and am looking for a place in Scotland that can do it!

http://www.amdtechnik.com/product.de...eferenceID=942

2nd Gear

Status
    have you tried giving star performance a call?

Status
    Drive by wire mean that the throttle has an electrical connection to a computer that controls the engine, instead of a cable mechanically operating a carburetor or fuel injection system.
    2001 A6 Avant 2.5TDi quattro Sport 180hp+TurboDynamics MD438 hybrid+Bosio Race683s+3" exhaust+Celtic Tuning remap - now with adamss24 replaced with runabout
    2007 BMW 535d AM Sport + Celtic remap
    2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip - sold & replaced by
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T
    1988 Yamaha FJ1200 120hp finally traded after 23 years for
    1986 Yamaha FJ100 (1300 barrels shhh!) with too many bits to mention
    2011 BMW 320d M Sport son #1
    2004 Suzuki SV650 S son #2

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fjtwelve
    Drive by wire mean that the throttle has an electrical connection to a computer that controls the engine, instead of a cable mechanically operating a carburetor or fuel injection system.

cheers . I take it the 2004 A4 has this?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I think the way to check that you do have it is, put the car in neutral, plant your foot on the accelarator and then press the brake, if the revs drop/cut out then you have drive by wire, but you may want to check that

Gotcha!!!

Status
    hi guys ive been reading some posts, and gather that cruise control can be fitted to all a4 b6 models is this correct??I would love this as my car is mapped and im always doing 75ish in a 60 my last golf gt tdi 150 didnt have it but the stealers sold a retro kit for it.So my car is a march 02 car 180bhp model i would like all info like part numbers etc thanks in advance tommy
    Yes you are correct.

You can buy the parts and as long a syou have access to VAG com then you can do it. One of our members used to offer the fitting and parts for about £200 on here and he was mobile too, me and mikeb had ours fitted one day by him. If not then any good Audi service garage could do it.

No need for an aftermarked product, get it done and have it looking factory fit for the same price......it also looks better if you sell the car on too.
    A6 C6 2.0 TFSI Avant, Grey Silver, Auto.

Neutral

Status
    Spoken to Jim at Star Performance. Seesmany Audi or VAG dealer can get an Audi cruise control stalk and the system enabled for about £200. Think I'll enquire with my mate who is a service manager at a VAG dealer tonight and get the part!