Chineese or Italian

james0808

Reaction score
Im looking for some replica alloys,some are made in China and some in Italy.Is there a difference in quality?Anyone got any experience of the chineese ones.

I'd stay away from cheap replicas, don't know much about either but would say Italian would be better quality, at the end of the day its down to how much you want to spend.

The ones i have on now are italian and they have been fine.Ive seen some i like but they are chineese and i dont want to get some soft alloys that buckle easy.

I used to have a customer who was into manufacturing steel and alloys. They were a Italian based company, having their own foundries with a UK office.

The italian Steel/metal market is massively subsidised by their government, so its a big industry for them.

Based around this fact I would have thought that they knew what they were doing and quailty would be good.

Alloys from China, well I wouldnt wish to find out personally.

Simon

One of the biggest differences in quality has nothing to do with where the wheel comes from but how it is made. I was once told that the OEM wheels tend to be pressure cast and the cheaper replica's gravity cast. Obviously the tooling and manufacturing costs for the gravity cast versions are lower than the pressure fed ones.

So I would recommend going by the load capacity for a wheel as an indication as the manufacturing quality, not necessarily where they are manufactured.

went to get my a8 19s the other day the guy used to do 2 versions of the wheel chinese and italian the chinese had black colour inside the wheel which i wanted and the italian had the authentic gray inside the wheel. anyway to cut a long story short the chinese 1s had been returned a few times due to bubbling and poor quality so go italian. so i went italian.

I prefer chinese :zen: especially special fried rice, lemon chicken and prawns in garlic sauce. I dont mind italian but im not a fan of tomatoes and a lot of their food has tomatoes in. So my answer would definately be chinese, but again you need to be weary of which ones you go to.
Theres a really good one in the Greenwich peninsula.
Hope that helps.
:o.k:

silver75 said:
I prefer chinese :zen: especially special fried rice, lemon chicken and prawns in garlic sauce. I dont mind italian but im not a fan of tomatoes and a lot of their food has tomatoes in. So my answer would definately be chinese, but again you need to be weary of which ones you go to.
Theres a really good one in the Greenwich peninsula.
Hope that helps.
:o.k:

That should help you make your mind up. lol

simonwjones said:
Actually Indians are quite good, but the RS6 reps can be a bit chewy

Dont be ridiculous, who ever heard of indian wheels? :rolleyes: