Changing the Symphony Head unit (Facia Adaptor)

Block 405

Reaction score
Hi i have taken out the front speakers and replaced them with my genesis front comps, amped them up to my genesis profile amp which sits sweetly on the plastic tray covering the spare wheel.

I now want to get my Alpine Headunit fitted in. I visited the local Audi dealer who told me there are 2 facia adaptors for the 04 A4 with the double din facia. They are both listed as black though and have to be ordered. As far as I can see my symphony and all the plastic surrounds on my A4 and others on the dealer were a dark grey and not black.

Can anyone confirm if my judgement of a grey plastic facia on my car is Audi's black?

Well I've now been told from Glasgow parts that audi do not sell a facia adaptor to convert the symphony double din to a single din for aftermarket stereo. I've seen an autoleads version but it was in a black that was the wrong colour match for my trim (dark grey) in an a4 2004 avant!

Any suggestions?

I have an Autoleads adaptor facia, you have 2 options on this;

1 - to have 1 x DIN for your stereo, and the other 'slot' is a storage compartment

2 - you can remove the storage compartment and have 2 x DIN slots

I have changed my standard stereo and replaced with Alpine in-dash monitor in top slot and Alpine DVD player in bottom

Will try and get pics up to show you

Thanks Nilesh.

The problem I seem to have is the facia and the symphony are a dark grey colour and the autoleads facia adaptor seems to be black. Audi say they do not support the facia adaptor on B6 A4's, probably to stop people from taking out the symphony unit!
Would be great to see your pics.

I have one (auto leads) in my 2002 A4. Yes it is black but it does go well with the rest of the trim. I also have a single din fascia that is out of an audi A4 (not sure of the year but it is B6 if think that would be better.I've not fitted it as I'm happy with the adaptor) I think the cup holder has a scratch on it though I'd have to look. I found the thing that looks more out of place is the surround for my alpine stereo as it is dark grey. I will spray that black when I get a chance

Thanks for that Coacain,

I 'm going to have a look at the auto leads adaptor and see what it looks like when fitted. I suppose if I'm really unhappy I could get it sprayed to match exactly the trim colour of the dash surround. I know my Alpine has a chrome surround which with the chrome surround on the A4 dials and below the symphony should look quite nice. Will let you know what I think of the autoleads facia adaptor later this week

J

So i ordered a 'grey' facia adaptor from the Audi dealer.

It came back and it's black!

I've now ordered a 'black' facia adaptor in the hope the parts are mixed up and it will be 'grey'

I can't understand why Audi don't seem to make a facia adaptor that actually matches the dark grey trim that 'THEY' produce? Maybe to discourage us from changing the Headunits? It's an 04 car with the symphony double din player and dark grey dash and surround

Arghhhh......