A4 1.8TSport 2004 Oil Help

loafy

Reaction score
Ok peep

got a 1.8tsport audi a4 cab and today was driving along normally when the computer tells me oil pressure warning, so i pulls into the nearest garage to check the oil level like its told me to do so.

the oil level is fine near the max line on the dip stick, so i thought i would check the oil cap to see if oil is getting to the top of the engine and sure enough it is. strange

jumps back in the car to continue going home and it says fine, so i begins to think its a wee hiccup!

then it warns me again, this time i parks the car outside for a few hours to cool down and i checked the oil again and yeah sure enough same as before fine.

Miles on car is 25k with full audi service history.

can u help on any ideas why its doing this?

cheers

chris

That's a bit worrying I have just purchased a 1.8T Quattro Sport. Hope this doesn't happen to me, I have 35,000 on mine.

I have read these threads through the links but this 'sludge' problem can also be the oil cooler(it is a known problem). This is water cooled on the petrol engines and as they fail, water and oil can mix giving you the sludge but the appearance that the oil is still full. Easy to change and much easier than the oil pump.

take it u were driving the car normaly not overreving? if so i had a vectra sri dti and it ocasionaly done this to me when driving about 60 mph on the motorway as the revs were pretty low, coming up saying oil low, i dipped the clutch and gave it a rev and it went away then when i turned the car off it came up again saying oil low and i checked it and it was fine, the car had 15,000 mls done it a few times up to about 50,000 amd my bro now ownes the car and its done it twice with him but no harm done to the engine or oil wat so ever, touch wood. dont really know if ures is the same problem, shouldnt really do it but if it goes ok and uve had it checked out and its alright a wouldnt worry about it :shrug:

new oil pump was needed!

wayhey!! cant fault audi, even got a brand new 2.0T avant as a cover car!