Passeger Door Locked !

robert97r

Reaction score
Has anyone encontered a front passenger door on a B6 saloon that intermittently will not unlock ? The Dealer suggests a price of c £500 to identify the problem and says that the door panel will probably be damaged during removal and will need replacing !
Puzzled Robert.

Damaging the door panel on purpose????????????? That seems a little far fetched. I'd switch dealers because that doesn't sound right. I've never heard of parts on a car having to be damaged to diagnose a problem, especially a late model Audi.

Also, there is a TSB on this:

Body - Door Electrical Items Inoperative/Erratic

Group: 97

Number: 02-01

Date: Oct. 2, 2002

Subject:
Door Electrical Components, Malfunctioning

Model(s):
A4 2002

Condition

Electrical components operated via door control modules and/or switches malfunctioning such as window regulators, instrument cluster door ajar light, interior lights and door lights. Symptoms include:

^ Doors cannot be locked or unlocked by remote control.

^ Window regulators do not work.

^ Inside lights sporadically do not go out.

^ Display in cluster shows doors open when all doors are shut.

^ Door lights do not work. Vehicle may exhibit one or more of these symptoms at the same time.

May be caused by water ingress into the wire harness contact housing at the A-pillar or B-pillar which leads to corrosion of individual terminals.

I had the exact same thing on mine.I pulled the speaker grill off,cut through the crappy speaker with a stanley and bypassed the dodgy connector to the door where i had three broken wires,speaker wires and the unlock wire to the door.Its not a hard job.£500 is taking the pi55.

Forgot to say you need a pair of wire cutters or similar to cut the plastic bit out off the speaker so you can get to the wires in the door.