driving a quattro

Block 405

Reaction score
Have just got my quattro 1.9 rdi 130 avant. it's my first audi and first 4 wheel drive car. Any tips for driving a 4 wheel drive from the more experienced quattro members on here?

Block 405 said:
Have just got my quattro 1.9 rdi 130 avant. it's my first audi and first 4 wheel drive car. Any tips for driving a 4 wheel drive from the more experienced quattro members on here?

Plant your right foot and enjoy. :racer:

The real difference with Quattro is that you do all your braking in a straight line, as normal, but instead of then feathering the throttle and slowly giving it more and more as the corner opens out, you just turn into the corner and plant your foot to the carpet. You can feel the power shuffling around to the wheels with the most grip and the cornering is amazing.
Of course, you can't re-write the laws of physics, so you can't expect to go around a corner 40 mph faster or you will be in the scenery, but if you slowly creep up to the limit, you will really feel the difference between two and four wheel drive. It's good fun !! Just try it !!!!

cheers shadow, thats just the kind of advice I was looking for. First day out in her properly today. luvin it!

A4Andy said:
Plant your right foot and enjoy. :racer:

seconded, mid corner, just when your thinking about lifting off, plant it and watch it carry you out the other side !

I thought it wasn't too good a system to be honest at first. I saw my tyres were looking a bit perished even though they had 3mm left.

I replaced them with Goodyear F1's all round and now I agree with everyone else here.

It's got to be the best thing to have on the car. It just feels like you are on rails at all times, if you get what I mean.

John