Fuel and Temp Guages

sniperlover

Reaction score
Hi guys recently my guages have been really playing up.my fuel guage goes pass the full mark and wouldn't come down at all or sometimes it moves about.but the computer tells me how many miles i have got left to travel.Secondly the temp guage has got a mind of its own,sometimes it moves and sometime it doesn't can anyone help please.And would it cost alot to get it fix. 2002 a4 1.8t:think:

I have the same problem but mines only with the temp gauge. It moves when it feels like and can work ok somedays. I believe there has been a fault with some of these gauges. I've had Audi look at mine whilst in for something else and they said it was fine!!! Ay! It was 70c without the ignition on!

No one has found a solution and I'm not paying through the nose for something which shouldn't be at fault. I'm currently writing to Audi UK as I've just been billed for £500 for a servo failure which IMO should not fail on a car with 26k miles and 5 years old. I'll see what they say.

Oh I did replace the temp sender on mine but it made no difference. Yours sounds more fundamental to the instrument cluster if the fuel gauge is playing. Maybe worth asking Audi as that's poor. They should fix that.

:blackrs4: 07775 976 914,if you want gauges cheap!

ok,i want 20 pounds for fuel gauge if you require temp gauge thats 20 pounds aswell you can pick up ,im in stoke or i will post postage is 2.50 on each item. they were taken out of a cluster as i required the center display only,and they worked 100%.
After all if you try and it cures your problem,its a cheap fix,on the other hand if it dont,you can eliminate the gauges!:yahoo: