My New FMIC.

james0808

Reaction score
Got this in the post today.Just got to get some pipes made and fit it.Hopefully it should make a difference.
Intercooler2.jpg

I got it from allisport on ebay for £199.It fits nice but i cant decide if i should paint the intercooler black or leave it silver with the black,silver or no mesh???
What do you guys think?????
This is how it looks with no meshing.........
nomesh2.jpg

This is the silver...........
silvermesh2.jpg

And here is the black.......
blackmesh2.jpg

Here have a look at mine, I did mine just over a week ago.

Put the black mesh back in it will still shine through and give you that finished look and it would look better with some RS4 black mesh.

Thanks guys,black it is.I will try and get some RS4 mesh it looks very nice.

Got it all finished today,pipes was very easy to do.cost £70 for the pipes and the silicone couplers,had loads left after so spent too much but im happy with the result.
intercoolerpiped.jpg

and finally all put back together
intercoolerfinished2.jpg

Rev-head said:
looking good do you feel the difference with it been a diesel?
I havent really had a chance to give it some yet but i will tomorrow and im going to hemel on thurs,i will let you know.

Ive been driving around today and it does seem to pull a bit better and it pulls right to the red line,with the old intercooler it would run out of steam alot earlier in the rev band.It feels alot better to drive now i have the power for longer.

Can this intercooler make the car more economical?I just drove to Hemel and back and averaged 53.8 mpg.I dont think i normally get that much.

Soupie69uk said:
What pipes did you buy and where from? Same for the silicone.
I got the silicone pipe from this guy on ebay..
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Performance-Silicone-Hoses
and got my local exhaust centre to bend some stainless steel for me then i painted them black.All you need is 4 90% bends with about 6 inch either side,all you do is cut them to the length you need,its very easy to do_Oh you also need a exhaust joint for a corsa,about £3 from a motor factors so you can cut the lower pipe from the turbo and turn the bottom of the hose round.

was hoping to do something similar to mine but dread the thought of taking the bumper off, anyone done a job like this without dismantling the front end?

Not sure how you would do it without taking the bumper off,its very easy to remove.