VAG Com and Cruise Control

S-T

Reaction score
A couple of questions for the brighter people on here.

Is the code to enable cruise control

engine 01
login 11

?

And is there anything else that needs enabling on a new steering wheel controller ?

Many thanks

me too, thats why i need help !

shark_90 said:
You need to code the SCM to know it has cruise. See my post on tyresmoke on how to enable and recode the various modules:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/823305/page//vc/1

Right changed the steering control module, the abs warning lights are all on. will changing the code on the engine login clear this as to be honest this bit on tyresmoke about the DIS just confused me even more.

which bits are relevant if you havent changed the DID just added a module and a cruise control stalk ?

Many thanks

p.s. after looking at some of the settings I think i might need the full version of VAGCOM am i right ?

I'm afraid you definately do need a full version of VAG-COM, yes. Your ESP and all related systems won't work until you've recoded the steering wheel control module and ESP controller as per the link I posted. You can only do that with a full version.

Just coding the Engine ECU with 11463 won't turn off the ABS warning lights.

Cheers shark_90

Click on to this yesterday and registered it, (I suppose it will be of more use :) )

Shark90

Do I still have to do these if I am only fitting Cruise ?

Go to module 16 - Steering Wheel
Recode
Change the second to last digit (i.e. 0xxNx - where N is the bit to change, x are your current values). If you do not currently have CC or DIS, this should be '0'.
Make a note of the current coding!!
Change N to '4' (i.e. 0xx4x)
Test
Click on 'Do it'.

Go to module 17 - Instruments
Go into 'Adaption - 10'
Go to channel 19 and click on 'Read'
Make a note of the 'Stored Value'.
Change value to x10xxx where x is the same as it was.
Test
Click on 'Do It'

Right sussed it, you dont need to do module 17 - Instruments if your only installing cruise

Works a treat

Thanks muchly shark90, more than I originally thought but well worth the extra bit of hassle.

No problem, glad you got it sussed. Sorry I didn't answer your question promptly, I've been working away without internet access.

The part about 17 - Instruments is to activate DIS, if you have fitted it, so in your case it was not needed.

All the best