Tyres

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Thought I'd find out what people were running their A4's on, I know mine came with Dunlop SP9090 tyres but I decided against them after reading a few tyre reviews.
When the time came for 4 new tyres I went for Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3's

So far I have found them to be excellent, so come on what have you lot got?

I've still got the tyres provided by the garage I got the car from. Pirelli p7000 on the front, and different tyres on the back. Waiting for the cash to get 4 goodyear f1 gsd3. The tyres are good enough at the moment for me, but they will get improved when they need replacing.

What kind of wear is seen on A4s? How long should I expect to get from the tyres, given average driving style (ESP kicks in about once a week on takeoff) ;)

Goodyear F1's will give you about 15-18k miles.
Dunlops will outlast the car as they are teflon coated with absolutely no grip. I got 68k out of the rears on my Gti and then they were borderline.
Pirelli's are good but very soft 12k if you're lucky on the fronts.

I have had the F1's on my car for 10k and they are showing no signs of wear at all, but on an FWD TDI they will wear out twice as quick.

Originally had Pirelli P Zero Rosso's all round as thats what came on car, have replaced the fronts with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's, what a difference between the 2, Goodyear miles ahead in grip in all conditions and a lot quieter, will be replacing the rears soon aswell.

snap! F1 GSD3's here aswell, very pleased with them.
Just had a new pair fitted to the front last month, if they last 18 months then that will prob be 2.5 years use :)

a4sline190 said:
Originally had Pirelli P Zero Rosso's all round as thats what came on car, have replaced the fronts with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD 3's, what a difference between the 2, Goodyear miles ahead in grip in all conditions and a lot quieter, will be replacing the rears soon aswell.

Thing is mate, as much money as you pump into that motor it'll never have a Quattro's grip. :nyah:

im gonna buy a new set of tyres for my tdi quattro i do 20000 mile a yrs any recomendations for decent tyres that will last for the yr

A4Andy said:
Thing is mate, as much money as you pump into that motor it'll never have a Quattro's grip. :nyah:

Agreed, will never have the grip of Quattro however, there are other considerations. Obviously a vehicle which is one of the very early B6 A4's with the 150bhp engine on a Y plate will not have the refinement and power of the 190 bhp standard sline (although mine Revo'd to around 230bhp) add to that the 6 speed box and overall appearance with the GMBH bodykit not really a hard choice, I am very happy with I have, plus I believe my grip will not be far off your Quattro as you are running it on some cheap *** rubber, Nankang or some other cheap ***** I believe, come on treat the car to a decent set of tyres!

:moa:

a4sline190 said:
Agreed, will never have the grip of Quattro however, there are other considerations. Obviously a vehicle which is one of the very early B6 A4's with the 150bhp engine on a Y plate will not have the refinement and power of the 190 bhp standard sline (although mine Revo'd to around 230bhp) add to that the 6 speed box and overall appearance with the GMBH bodykit not really a hard choice, I am very happy with I have, plus I believe my grip will not be far off your Quattro as you are running it on some cheap *** rubber, Nankang or some other cheap ***** I believe, come on treat the car to a decent set of tyres!

:moa:

I feel a challenge coming on.... :rockwoot:

Thought we already had that on Peebles run when you turned up 10 mins after me!:biggrin:

Yeah yeah, dont think I can wait 12 months for you to save ur pennies for Revo, by then I'll have a S4. :lmfao: