Decent Mod with LED

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
There are vey few mods that use LED's that i'd say were decent, the majority og them being a bit too chavvy for my liking but the one i have just done I feel is justified and indeed excellent looking.

In the top of your drivers door panel is a 3mm red LED for indicating the status of the alarm system, I live in a rural area with no street lights but I still find it difficult to see if I have locked my car before I go to bed by looking out of the window.

Not any more!

I have changed the red LED for a pure white ultrabright LED and now I can see it easily. I have an ebony black paintjob and black interior so the white LED looks well flash.

And the mod only cost in total £2.50, and this was for the cost of the door panel clips from Audi, the LED I already had but they are only pence in their component form.

Try it, you might like it!

I'll try, although it flashes so it might be difficult!

Watch this space...

Wouldn't that distract more attention to your car?
Liking the mod job though :D

Right, i have a vid of it taken with my phone, but its mp4 format so will only play in Quicktime player not windows media. I cant post attachments so any ideas how I can post it?

Do you think it draws attention to the car?
I don't think the sort of attention it would attract would be anything more then idle interest. I wouldn't have thought a car thief would necessarily wander over to my car out of a line of cars because it had a different coloured alarm LED IMO....