No Drive in A4 1.9 TDI

JGrant1285

Sir Scouser Benitez
Reaction score
Website
www.allhiphop.com
I have recently purchased a Audi A4 1.9 TDI (52 Plate) and it was stolen & recovered with the keys. The 2 front wheels are slightly buckled (indicating that its had some kind of impact). Now i have spoken to Audi UK and have recieved all the service history. Now when sat in the car, you can get all the gears, no problem, nothing suspicious, and the clutch pedal feels fine. No when its running, the clutch again feels fine & it also lets you selects all the gears. Now when you release the clutch there is no drive, but sometimes it it may move ever so slightly when giving it quite alot of revs. we have tried this in both 1st gear and reverse, it seems to have slightly more drive in reverse than in first (when i say drive i mean, very very very slow rolling pace...)

we've been under the car, there doesnt seem to be any obvious problems that you can see either.

Has anybody got any idea's what it might be? the cars only done 88k and its a 5-speed g/box.

we have got a brand new clutch here also (just incase this is the problem - which we are allowed to return it this isn't the issue). Me and my dad have a decent car knowledge, but this is the first Audi either of us have had, and i thought that with people on this board knowing the ins and outs of Audi's this might be something that people may have some idea's for. Please help, ANY suggestions will be listened to. We are getting the car on my dads mates ramp on monday evening, but we thought that any heads up in advance would be a great help. If anybody has any knowledge of general problems with these g/boxes, that may help too..

I'm hoping that someone may be able to offer something to check/try/replace also.

Thanks for any replies, i'm just itching to join the Audi club, as i'm very impressed with what i have seen/come across so far, apart from this problem. Thanks again, Jimbo

Sound like the clutch is shafted to me.......looks like what ever the problem is you will have to take off the gearbox so would route for the compression plate

I would agree with the clutch
Pressure plate crack and shatter sometimes
the engine produces so much torque it wears the clutch very common on these to do a clutch

Forgot to update...

We got the box out, the clutch was down to the rivets, me thinks that it was the original clutch, luckily the flywheel side wasn't too bad, the otherside tho has nothing left...

Whacked new clutch in, has a few teething problems bleeding it back up, but its now up and running, which is the main thing, its goin in for spraying on monday (inc colour-coding the spoiler). New set of RS6 in 18" rims comming too from Rochford...pics will be posted once done..