Audi dealer continues to shine !

Smudge973

Reaction score
On Wednesday evening I broke down on the M1 at Donnington on my way back up north, the EPC light came on and I lost all power !I pulled onto the hard shoulder and called Assist. They sent a third part out to recover and take me home. The following morning the Audi technician was to call at home and so he did, I was away again on business but he cleaned the fuel pump and called my to explain that there was particles in the system. Looked like the fuel pump was breaking up. He left it in a condition where I could drive to my dealer that evening. This afternoon I received a call from them explaining that they would not see a problem, I asked them to call the technician who came yesterdaym but they appear to have ignored my request. 2 hrs later they call me to say that a new fuel pump is required and that the system needs to be flushed at my cost, not under warranty due to poor fuel being entered into the tank. This I find hard to believe as I use the same petrol station all the time for the Audi and my wifes car.. I decided to call the Audi technician who was please to take my call on his mobile, I explained what my dealer had told me and he said that it was B*****ks and he would call them and call me back, so he did 10mins later and 1hr later they called me to say that it was unlikly that it was the fuel and the work would be done under warranty. In addition, loan car tomorrow as the pump is on backorder, what does this tell us ? To sum up, Excellent service from the Audi Roadside chap in the All road, credit to the brand and the company, but the dealer is yet to prove themselves, It seems they could not be bothered helping me by fixing the problem under warranty so just thought they would charge me £450 for a fuel pump and to clean the system.............. Shame on them

Name and shame the dealer mate. And ring the Roadside chap and get his address and send him a bottle of his favourite tipple. The dealers need to be boycotted and the roadside guys need to be praised.

Agree, I told the Roadside chap that I would write a great letter, which he appreciated. A bottle of his favourite tipple is a great Idea..

A4 B6 fuel pumps are known to be crap, mine went and left me dead 1 week after getting the car, I bought the car from a non Audi dealer and they paid the parts, but not the labour

Just so you know :)

As usual, people totally underwelmed by the Audi dealer experience - to the point where the dealer could have resulted in them spending money unnecessarily.

When o when are Audi UK going to sort out the dealers?

Would be useful feedback if they monitored this forum - perhaps you should write to the customer services director and let her know of this daft story.

I called the Audi roadside chat at the on Friday and asked for the best person to write to. He gave me the details of some woman at Audi HQ who was totally responsible for tha Audi Roadside chaps.. I wrote he a 2 page letter explaining how poor my dealer was and how excellent this chappie was. To be honest, he was a credit to the Audi brand.

Nice one, let us know if she writes back mate.

Good to give credit where it is due.

I'll be disapointed if she doesn't. Considering the time I've taken.. Keep you posted pal.