Paint & corrosion warranty

Macduff

Reaction score
After some unwanted modification last night our car now needs to pay a visit to a bodyshop. Direct Line have their own approved repairers but Audi say that any repairs not done by them will invalidate the paint and corrosion warranties even if the repairer uses genuine parts and paint.

This seems odd as I thought the law had changed so stop this sort of thing happening or does that only apply to servicing?

Direct Line say that the repairer will most likely give us a warranty that will match the Audi one so probably not an issue but I just wondered what other members had done in this situation and if Audi had given any grief at a later date.

Thanks
Dave

Update

DL's approved repairer has confirmed that they'll match the Audi warranty.

Now just waiting for it to be fixed.

Its not a case of 'matching' the Audi Warranty, its whether they are an Audi Approved bodyshop.

Don't let DL bully you into taking your car there, by law you can take your car to any Bodyshop you want!

DL aren't bullying me. It was Audi that were scaremongering. If I had an A2 or A8 I'd be wanting it at an Audi approved aluminium repairer but this is just standard steel bodywork repair.

Given the standard or work from some "approved" dealers, I'd be dubious about taking my car into an Audi bodyshop.