Chris NottEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Talking Finally getting her back today!!

For those of you who read my other post, entitled AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! - AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! - you'll know that due to an idiotic van driver I have been without my much loved car for several weeks.

It will be 8 weeks tomorrow since the accident, and for the past 6 weeks I've been doing the 60 mile round trip to work and back in a Punto! Needless to say I've been missing the A4 a lot, particularly in this weather given that the Punto doesn't have air con (or even a CD player!!).

Anyway, got the call yesterday and the car is finally ready to be collected. I'm going on my way home tonight!! I'm excited obviously, but also a little nervous as I really hope they've done a good job on the repairs.

I'll get some pics tonight and hopefully upload them tomorrow!

Mike
    Current: Daytona Grey A6 2.0 TDI S-Line 2008
    Gone: Denim Blue A4 2.0 SE 2001

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi A4 1.8TQ

Status
    Hi, if you find this happens again, make sure you get a decent car, don't let the insurance company fob you off with some grade 1 reject hire car, if the accident was not your fault then contact Audi they use contract managment centres who can get decent cars to you very quickly, I got a bumper scuff and slight wing damage from a royal mail van last year, I contact my insurance company (esure) and they offered me the usual crappy nissan micra etc courtesy car, but i wanted my car repaired at Audi, and audi arranged my hire car and I chose a Audi TT 225 quattro for 2 weeks

Rememeber, why should you have to suffer for someone else's neglegence, this is how i look at it, you drive a premium brand car, and expect a premium brand car in return....

If it was your fault though, then I would just take what i was given
    And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Nice one, Mike. Hope the car comes back in tip-top nick.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Administrator

Status
    yep hope everything is OK with the old girl !