TDi-Tuning

looks ameturish to me, i'd stay clear IMHO

Thanks it does sond a little like the systems that "trick" the air flow sensor into believing it is cooler to get more power.

I also found this:-

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/audi a499/engine.html

It's a box you plug into the diagnostic port and they claim 172bhp from the 130bhp engine. It more pricier at £495+vat, how safe is it to use this? is the engine capabile of taking 172bhp has anyone used this system?

thanks
toby

I've heard bad things about Tuning boxes. I would get it remapped properly.

dickys3 said:
I've heard bad things about Tuning boxes. I would get it remapped properly.

Interested to know what bad things these products actually do!

Products like the one click from AMD upload a generic map to the ECU. You then have the option of taking it back off and replacing it with the original I think.

Most good remaps of the 130 TDi engine will get you somewhere near the 170bhp mark. There should be no problem with the car coping with the extra power though its hard to put the power down on a 2wd car, not a problem you'll have if you own a quattro.

As above though go to a reputable company and you should be fine. Try a search on here as there are loads of recommendations from happy customers.

I bought one it was a bag of crap never even fitted it i sent it back and got a refund they look like a tuning box but there just a resistor thingy shoved in a fancy box to look like a proper tuning box