Factory fit Car Phone Preparation

Aldo

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone tell me more about this?
I recently got me A4, all its got is the bracket, nothing else, the wires are there behind it-i'll get a pic tomorrow, is there another part to it or something, I don't really want it in my car tbh, it looks like I have to replace the whole dash bit as there are holes and wires behind the bracket?

Si

This is a pic of the hands free im trying to remove!

vbpgimage.php

I've got one fitted to my A4 and find it very good. Phone comes through the speakers and sound is fine. Needed an adapter alright but that's all. Need it here as the filth are cracking down on the phones a bit in Cork.

So what actually clips onto the front of it?
I can see the wires behind going into the dash so think it's all ready to go.

Depending on your phone the main dealer parts department should be able to supply the correct cradle. They cost £100 including VAT.:wtf: After getting over the price rip off i decided to try one.

I just got one for a Nokia 6230i and it workd very well. Auto mutes the radio when calls come in. Sound through main speakers etc.

I think they call these a 1st Generation kit. It is made by Cullmann for Audi?VW group.

Hope that helps.

P

Thanks for the replies, I have a Nokia N70, so not sure if they will do a bracket for this phone?
The car is going in next week to the dealers so could ask then, I can actually see wires behind that go into the dash so hopefully everything is there and connected up to the radio etc!

Si

actually, if you have an 04 or newer, any phone(or most) will connect via bluetooth. Switch the bluetooth on your phone, switch ignition on then search for devices on the phone and then add it with code 1234.
Factory phone prep is actually very good. You only need the cradle for voicedialling or charging up. Mute all works etc as standard