By the sh*%e !!!

wigginer

Reaction score
As they say up North ...

Well Guys, I passed through the first 1000 mile barrier this weekend and having driven the new car, as you guys would say 'like my Nan' for the best part of four weeks, I decided I'd had enough and declared it well and truely run-in ... now time for some fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Out this morning at 08:30, four hour cleaning session, quick shower and then our for a raz ... determined to put it through its paces.

Short motorway section, two junctions and experienced the servotronic PS for the first time ... what magic. Never thought a car could hold so steady at speed. Up to now I had been a bit disappointed with this option and had wondered to myself why i'd bothered. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well that was the high speed bit now for the handling...

Having never driven a Quattro to it full potential, this was the bit that really attracted me to the car in the first place and what I was most looking forward to. I picked an old favourite route of mine Rivington to Belmont ... a challenging route to tax any car driven quickly. Some of you Guys in the North of England may recall it ... if not certainly give it a try.

I had remembered driving this route when I had first run in my last motor (Vectra GSi ... there I said it again) and had frightened myself silly. Well this time no comparison ... I could not believe how well the car handles itself. Especially on such a varying road with tight bends, quick dips, long hill pulls and challenging cambers

I feel so chuffed ... definitely made the right choice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

ps. Will be keen to hear any advice on H2 get the best out of the Quattro ... certainly a different experience to performance FWD!!!!