Badger5Sky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Standard and Remapped BHP Audi 1.8T Q

I'm just wondering if anybody can tell me that standard out-put and estimate of what a remapped 2003 B6 A4 1.8T with Quattro will be?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Depends if you get the 150, 163 or 190 bhp version.
    I have the 150 version and it remaps to about 200 (163 gives the same).
    The 190 has a better turbo, better injectors and twin intercoolers and will remap to about 230-240.

So go for the 190 if you can, but I think they are quite rare in 2003 vintage. The s-line versions have 190 but I think they start in 2004. I might be wrong - if so I'm sure someone will be along soon to correct me!!
    Simon
    2006 Sprint Blue RS4 Avant
    2007 Daytona Grey 3.0TDI A6 LeMans Saloon

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simon_golf_tt
    Depends if you get the 150, 163 or 190 bhp version.
    I have the 150 version and it remaps to about 200 (163 gives the same).
    The 190 has a better turbo, better injectors and twin intercoolers and will remap to about 230-240.

So go for the 190 if you can, but I think they are quite rare in 2003 vintage. The s-line versions have 190 but I think they start in 2004. I might be wrong - if so I'm sure someone will be along soon to correct me!!
    Ok i did a little more research and i found that on the Auto Consumer Guide America Link
    that it says the 2003 model has 170bhp and no other versions except the 3.0 V6. I was hoping it was the 190bhp version that could be chipped to about 240 which would be awesome. I take it the 150/163 turboo is the KO3s and the 190 uses KO4s?

The car i've seen is here:

smoking a6

Status
    190 has a 'k03 sport' turbo i'm not sure what the difference is mybe slightly bigger housing but bigger injectors on that help it with a few extra hp
    just a little a6

Neutral

Status
    hmm i can't imagine the 150 or 163 versions having anything less than the ko3sport versions seeing as my 2002 GTi T has the K03s.

I can understand the better internals that make all the difference. especially the twin intercoolers.

Only way to tell is to check to see if the car has 2 SMIC or just 1.

Neutral

Status
    Just saw this and it made me happy! $1000 to take it from 170bhp to 235bhp ain't bad! Thats a 65bhp increase!

Don't understand why Injectors cost so much though, they want an additional $500 for them on top of the Direct Port Program.

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/e...e_8ea418t.html
    Last edited by Haroulli; 22nd June 2006 at 13:49.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroulli
    Ok i did a little more research and i found that on the Auto Consumer Guide America Link
    that it says the 2003 model has 170bhp and no other versions except the 3.0 V6. I was hoping it was the 190bhp version that could be chipped to about 240 which would be awesome. I take it the 150/163 turboo is the KO3s and the 190 uses KO4s?
    The 190 uses an uprated version of the K03 - Some call it a K03s but there is really no such turbo. The 190 has twin intercoolers, larger injectors and (I've read) lighter pistons and 'rods, but cannot confirm the latter.

My car showed 237bhp on Stars dyno but believe me it's not exactly 'awesome' ;-) It makes good progress and is much more fun than standard I think with a big turbo and 300+ bhp it'd nearer to 'awesome' :-)

The 190ps (187bhp) was a Europe only engine and not sold in the US'.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)

Buff my shiny red one...

Status

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bubstar
    The 190 uses an uprated version of the K03 - Some call it a K03s but there is really no such turbo. The 190 has twin intercoolers, larger injectors and (I've read) lighter pistons and 'rods, but cannot confirm the latter.

My car showed 237bhp on Stars dyno but believe me it's not exactly 'awesome' ;-) It makes good progress and is much more fun than standard I think with a big turbo and 300+ bhp it'd nearer to 'awesome' :-)

The 190ps (187bhp) was a Europe only engine and not sold in the US'.

BUB
    Was that just with the remap alone, or did you add anything else to get those figs? Does the DV need changed to the stronger variety on the Audi engine - my Golf had the DV updated to a stronger recirc version when it was remapped at Star.

Cheers
    Audi A4 Avant S Line 190 | Brilliant Red

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Hey mate, if you are in the USA, then try looking at audizine on line community. THere are a lot of guys who have tried and tested forms of modifiying and remapping in the US.

Andy

Bring On The Sunshine

Status
    The 163bhp Audi BFB 1.8T uses a K03 the 190bhp Quattro uses the K03s, the Seat Leon Curpa R, S3 and TT 225bhp model use the K04 from what I remember. My last MK4 Golf GTI 1.8T had the AGU engine with Upsolute and the figures quoted were 192bhp.

This may be useful, shows the standard bhp and turbo on various VAG cars.........

2003 Audi A4 1.8T T-Sport Cabriolet
    Rolling on 19" RS6's (NOW FOR SALE ...GUTTED!!)
    ------------------------------------------------

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Speed
    Was that just with the remap alone, or did you add anything else to get those figs? Does the DV need changed to the stronger variety on the Audi engine - my Golf had the DV updated to a stronger recirc version when it was remapped at Star.

Cheers
    It's got an Oettinger alloy turbo intake, a K&N panel filter and a Hyperboost HX DV.

The intake is claimed to give 6-7bhp and Star said this was probably about right.

I've got a Milltek cat' back now and will be going for another power check soon.

BUB
    A4 Avant S-Line quattro - Avus Silver/Silver Half Leather *240ps*346nm* - a few choice mods. Now Stared up ;-)