Audi B6 1.8T Servicing

Haroulli

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently own a UK spec MkIV GTi T Golf. But i'm moving to the USA so will be selling it on to my parents to finance my purchase over in the USA.

I deffinetly want a B6 A4 with Sports Package. I've found my self a nice 1.8T Q with Auto/Tiptronic gear box with 67k just up the road from where i'll be living.

My question is what should have the car had done to it at this milage and what should it need doing to it in the up coming milages.

Should it have had its Cam Belt changed already or is that done at a later stage? If so at what Milage?

Quattro system? Does this need regular oil changes? If so what is the acceptable duration between them?

I dont want to have to shed out a lot of cash to get the car serviced if it needs doing! Especially the cambelt cuz i had it done on my Golf and it was a pain in the *** and would have cost a pretty penny if it hadn't been for a mechanic in the family.

Cheers for the information look forward to reading the replies

Cambelt and water pump need to be changed before 80k miles, so doubt it's already been done and it's around £400 so you can use it as a bargaining point.

AndyMac said:
Cambelt and water pump need to be changed before 80k miles, so doubt it's already been done and it's around £400 so you can use it as a bargaining point.

Hmm ok good to know! Do you think thats what an Audi main dealer would charge or is it ur local garage?