Ready to buy an A4 Tdi saloon..

JGrant1285

Sir Scouser Benitez
Reaction score
Website
www.allhiphop.com
hello, i'm new to the forum (ive been looking around for a while, only just joined).
Now i'm about to buy an A4 Tdi looking to spend an overall figure of no more than 7.5K Max. Ideally i want to get the 130bhp version.
I'm also looking at getting a nice set of 19's on it. has anyone got any advice for me before i buy one. does anybody have any pictures of standard a4's (either 51-52 plates) with 19's on (without been lowered), ideally i don't want to get it lowered as i want comfort really (which i imagine would be cut if it was lowered). do you think it would look like a pram with 19's and standard suspension?

the only plans i have are to get the lower valances colour-coded and maybe get the windows smoked.

Any other advice which you could give is greatly valued. Thanks alot

I put 18's on my A4 before lowering it and it looked daft.You can lower it a little and keep some comfort,ive got an se and the suspension was too soft if you get the sport i think its a little lower and firmer,i might be wrong though.

Forgot to cay get an RS4 rear anti roll bar aswell,there is a thread on here about them.

when you said you lowered it, did you just replace the springs or did you do the shocks aswell?? any idea where i would get the springs from? what brand?? fitting isnt a problem either

I changed the lot,i put a koni ssk kit on mine,(its brilliant)i think if you get a sport you can get away with just springs.I think alot of people use either Eibach or H&R available from lots of places on the net and both are supposed to be very comfortable.You have found the right place if you do get an A4 there is some very clued up people on here and they are very helpful.Your wallet wont like it though

Thanks for the info, but i don't think i'm gunna be able to push the extra cash for a sport...

I'm on a tight budget really, its ****..

Mind you though i suppose an SE will have to do, i just want something thats comfortable to drive, and with a bit of grunt, a car thats made to almost perfection, unlike the corsa i'm currently driving, its slammed, not comforable and bumpy as ****, sometimes is a ballacke to drive..

My wallet defo won't like it, as from what ive seen whilst looking around here..im just gunna have to go with standard, and make a few subtle changes!

You will be very happy with the A4 130se for comfort,you can still change the RARB to make it handle better for less than £90 delivered to your door.As for the bit of grunt they are ok standard but you really want to chip it,i got mine done for £220 and 175bhp and im very happy now.

yeah i was thinking of possibly getting it chipped, where did you get yours done? was it in your local area? Also do many people bother with induction kits on them? is it worth the hasstle? or do people just use the replacement in-tray filters?? I thought the SE seats look rather basic, but then again, i haven't test-driven one yet, and havn't sat in one yet. Thats the next step, props for the feedback too

I got mine done at chipped-uk in bromsgrove,he is an advertising sponsor on uk-mkiv,have a look and see what you think.....

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/151/ShowForum.aspx

they are also in chester so its not a million miles away from you.I just put a new paper filter in mine(advised to do so by jabba)not too sure about cones.Your right the SE seats are a bit basic not too bad though but you can always fit some nice leathers(if you can find a nice set).

^^ thanks for the feedback!!

thats the problem though, finding a nice set of leathers, would any other models interior fit, or would it have to be from an A4 or would another models interior fit? if its just the A4, that narrows the chances alot.

I got my black/grey half leather/alcantara interior for my B6 TDi Avant on ebay for £400, including doorcards, so they do come up, but it took 3 months of looking. But wow what a difference, you just can't beat that smell when you first get in the car.