The missus has bumped her car

Anito

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

My wife has bumped her (Not mine thatnk f***) B6 Avant, off side rear causing some damage to the wheel arch area.

The repair shop are saying that they have to replace the rear qtr as they can't pull the damage out. Fair enough, but can you actually change that section? To me it looks like that piece runs along the roof line and stops at the bottom of the windscreen pillar. They are also only charging £300 for parts and that includes various trims & the rear wing. £300 sounds cheap, labour is about £1200 though.

What do you think?

thank heavens for protected no claims.

I had similar damage to a previous 3 door hatch of mine - hit on the rear quarter, metal ripped open like a bean can.

They replaced the rear quarter and from what I could see, joined it by a weld above the rear side window half way along. The weld was invisible unless you looked down the side of the car in the sunlight where you could see a very slight ripple. I couldn't find the weld for the bottom half of the panel, presumably was somewhere in the door shut.

Are you usuing an Audi Approved bodyshop?

That is a big panel that they will be replacing, sooner you than me. would be better knocked out and filled in my opinion as the repacement panel will not be galvanised and it will be impossible to stop the welds from rusting

Also they will have to replace the rear qtr window, make sure this is sealed well after the job is done.