Chrome Window Surrounds & Others

davehocking

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here, so all the usual apologies for being a newbie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm swapping my Clio 172CUP for a 2nd Hand 2001 A4, 1.9 130PD. Mostly in the interests of build quality and cheaper insurance!!!

I would however, like a few minor changes to the styling of this car, namely the colour coding of the skirts, the front and the rear valance. SmithKnightFay Stockport told me they could do it for £475. I would also like the chrome strips round the windows, though they tell me this is factory fit ONLY.

My question:

(1) Is £475 a good price, or a rip-off, for the coding of those parts, can you recommend anywhere else?

(2) Is it true that the chrome strips are factory fit only, or is this dealership BS?

Cheers folks.

Dave.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Why would you want chrome strips installed? Have you got walnut as well? and a special factory fit pouch for your pipe & slippers?
Sorry, only kidding. £475 sounds very steep. I had my bonnet resprayed by Audi bodyshop and it was only £175.

ROFL!!

No mate, no walnut, no pipe, and definately NO SLIPPERS!

I just like the chrome look, looks like I'll have to do a photoshop jobby and see how it looks then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers for the info though.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif