Bulbs

necroeire

Reaction score
Opinions please?

Osram Silver Star H7 or Osram Cool Blue H7?

For both main and dips?

I've not tried the Cool blues, but I have Silver Stars for both dip and main, and am very happy with them. A massive improvement over the standard ones (mind you, a box of Swan Vestas would be).

Another vote for the SilverStars here.

I've go them in my mains and they're a much better match for the Xenons.

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Don't forget some Philipis Blue Vision side lights too!

BUB

[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget some Philipis Blue Vision side lights too!

BUB

[/ QUOTE ]

When I bought my Silverstars on Ebay, the seller provided a set of blue sidelight bulbs FOC, which I put in (very fiddly).

A week later, I put the car in for service & MOT, and it failed the MOT for having the wrong colour bulbs. By the time I picked it up, the garage had taken them out, put standard ones back in & re-passed it.

Cheers guys, who did buy yours off Jeff? Were they cheaper than Powerbulbs site?

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers guys, who did buy yours off Jeff? Were they cheaper than Powerbulbs site?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought them on Ebay, from this seller:

Linky

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't forget some Philips Blue Vision side lights too!

BUB

[/ QUOTE ]

When I bought my Silverstars on Ebay, the seller provided a set of blue sidelight bulbs FOC, which I put in (very fiddly).

A week later, I put the car in for service & MOT, and it failed the MOT for having the wrong colour bulbs. By the time I picked it up, the garage had taken them out, put standard ones back in & re-passed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blue Visions are 'e' marked and fully legal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

They look white when in use.
Bub_s_S_Line_nite.sized.jpg

Taken with sides only The fogs are some cheap 4350k Ebay jobs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think PowerBulbs give a set for free when you place an order.(or they used too anyway)

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So what's the purpose of them, then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the purpose of them, then? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard 501's (or H6W's on the Xenon B6's) look <font color="yellow">Yellow </font> in comparison.

The blue coating on the bulb changes the light colour temperature, making the bulb appear whiter and brighter. Instead of <font color="yellow">Yellow </font>.

Take a look HERE .

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Bought a set, hope the fitting is easy as I heard they are painful to get to.

Should be fitting them at the weekend.