Silly bra on A4.

That is so buff, they should be standard on all cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Those americans sure know how to pimp their rides /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why the hell do they do that?

For starters the bumper and wings are still going to get stone damage so why not have a full on rubberised car.

Enjoy the car and then pay for the respray if you want it pristine.

...and the paint wont discolour with that on it will it...

These are fantasitc. I must get about 15 vehicles a year coming to have the front end or bonnet paintwork restored after people have had these on or those silly plastic things.

They should be given free with all new cars so I can keep their owners happy with my services once they decide to take them off.

John
http://www.targetvaleting.com
We hit the spot, everytime

i was once led to believe the bra was to make the car less visible to speed guns.

found this on net:-
This little device is a derivative of the bras worn by a lot of American cars to help the fight against stone chips. But this particular item is padded at certain points with radar-absorbing material. Theoretically, this stuff absorbs bursts of X, K and Ka band radar thus giving no reflection for the radar gun to take a reading from. By the manufacturers own admission, this device doesn't make you invisible to radar, but merely reduces the detection distance to around 150m (500ft). I can't vouch for these things, but at nearly US$500 each, I can safely say that it's the most expensive way of trying to evade a speed trap. Of course, the Stealth Bra only really works if you're being measured from the front - it won't do you any good if you pass a GATSO, as that radar is measuring the back of your car.
I've recently been informed that these stealthy bras can be home made by stuffing your existing bra with any form of microwave insulation material for a cost of around US$100. Even this, though, will still only be partially effective on most cars, with the most positive results on rear-engined low-profile machines. Perhaps that's why the adverts have Porsches in.

-

Hey John,
What products do you use for the washing, polishing and waxing? The pictures on your website look great, would you get the faint swirl marks out of my paint?

Lon,

I use different products on different paints. VAG paints are all clear coated so the swirl marks shows that the clear coat is scratched. You can get them out but you have to watch out not to use anything to harsh or it will take of the clear coat.

Black and dark cars are always the ones to show off buffing marks. In all honesty I have seen small swirls on some of the cars I have done myself, the dark blue A4 on my website came to me for a full valet and after the first mop it had some swirls. I really good hand wax and hand buff sorted that out.

I can come and take a look and give you my opinion on the job. Give me a call early next week and I'll pop round and take a look.

Thanks
John