A4 rear seat removal

james0808

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to get them out of a B6 A4 saloon?been messing with them for ages but cant see what is holding them on,thanks.

the base is held on with a two clips at the front of the rear set base. roughly centred behind each of the front seats. just pull them up and the seat will come out. you have to really pull at them....

thanks,i will give it a good pull(the seat i mean) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

got the base out,is it just a case of pulling the back very hard form the bottom aswell?dont want to break anything.

Assumming yours is fixed :

a4_seat_back.gif

1 - Fixed rear backrest
- Remove rear seatbench
- Remove headrests
- For vehicle with ski sack, remove ski sack frame
- Remove headrest guides
- Disconnect cable connector for vehicles with side-airbag
- Slide rear backrest -1- upward from brackets -2- at mounting holes -3-.

Assumming yours is fixed :

a4_seat_back.gif

1 - Fixed rear backrest
- Remove rear seatbench
- Remove headrests
- For vehicle with ski sack, remove ski sack frame
- Remove headrest guides
- Disconnect cable connector for vehicles with side-airbag
- Slide rear backrest -1- upward from brackets -2- at mounting holes -3-.

Said I would bump this thread instead of creating another one...

Im struggling with the step in Bold above... removal of the headrest guides... any tips on how to get them out??

best way is to snap the top off the guides and get new ones
iv never got them out in 1 piece and dont loads

best way is to snap the top off the guides and get new ones
iv never got them out in 1 piece and dont loads

ah please dont tell me that... seriously there has to be a better way of doing it...

any idea how much the guides are from the dealer??

all 6 i got for 30 quid ish
even a trimmer i know snaps them off

never got 1 out that way tried for ages the lugs hold them good

Maybe I got lucky or just have strong fingers. No tools required, just remove the headrest and get your thumb and 2 fingers underneath the head and prise them up. Wasn't even a struggle. The key is to keep equal pressure all round the guide so you are lifting it straight up. If you try it with a large screwdriver or similar then you'll never do it as you are trying to prise it up at an angle

you was lucky they may have been out b4

I removed my rear seat broke the clips, but on the plus side there was x2 snap-on sockets and x1 mac socket result :) thanks to the careless mechanic

ok... so I got a tip from someone else today... this technique worked very easily for me...

when you have the head rests out... push the seat towards the back of the car with your knee (just bellow the guide) and then just lift up with your fingers... they should pop out with a bit of force...

Sorry to bring up an old thread guys but I've just bought a leather interior (the wrong one) but thought I'd see if I could get my rear seats out anyway. I've got the base out no problem but can't get the back off. I assumed it would just slide up so had a go but to no avail. Just read the guide above but failed at the first hurdle as the headrests won't come out cos they hit the roof of the car. What the hell do I do?

p.s. If anyone wants to swap my split folding rear seat in black leather for a fixed one, it would be much appreciated.

The side of the headrest is a button.....press it and slide the padded bit down the bars then shuffle/pull the bars out of the guides