Super unleaded in S4

I

imported_timwiti

Should I be using super unleaded in my S4 - I've had it 5 months now and only used 95RON.

what's the benefit of using it other than it costing more?

better mpg and performance. Most of Audi petrol engines are designed to run on 98ron (super plus) fuel.
Using 95 backs the timing and performance off through the ecu.

What do mean by better?
Is it actaually noticible?

[ QUOTE ]
What do mean by better?
Is it actaually noticible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine runs more smoothly, pulls more strongly, and definitely returns between 5 & 10% better fuel economy. So it pays for itself.

i echo the above, about 3 mpg and around 3rd of a second quicker 0-60 on stock engine and program measured with g-tech meter as an experiment, tried it with a couple other cars and had similar results

main advantage is the computer will automatically advance timing to suit the more stable 98ron fuel giving slightly more power, also lets it adjust timing to be more efficient burning the fuel so enough to be noticeable more economy

Hi, I have a similar question. I have just bought a pedigree greyhound.

He is a proven race winner and a best of breed.

I am currently feeding him on left over kitchen scraps, he seems to be okay and its saving me some money...

Seriously, If you have an S4 and you are worried about the cost difference between using 95 ron or Optimax you have bought the wrong car. Get a TDi.

I have only ever put Optimax or BP Ultimate or Esso Supreme in my A4. Had bad tank of Optimax once and the car was a dog for 300 odd miles.

I wouldn't recommend 95 RON in any car with performance.

I certainly didn't buy the wrong car - just didn't know I should be using superplus!

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, If you have an S4 and you are worried about the cost difference between using 95 ron or Optimax you have bought the wrong car. Get a TDi.

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go, if you're wealthy you shouldn't worry about paying over the odds. What were you thinking? In fact why not leave a tip for the guy behind the counter at the petrol station too? 10% should be enough, hell, make it 20.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There you go, if you're wealthy you shouldn't worry about paying over the odds. What were you thinking? In fact why not leave a tip for the guy behind the counter at the petrol station too? 10% should be enough, hell, make it 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nothing to do with wealth !, who would want to pay more for their fuel if they had to.

The point I am making is that an S4 is a high performance car. Its engine management has been optimised for 98 ron fuel. If you run it on 95 ron fuel it will not perfom as well i.e less power (and some road tests even say less mpg).

An S4 is a more expensive car to buy, insure and maintain than any other A4 in the range. If, after paying out this extra on all the above you are prepared to lose out on some of your perfomance because of a few quid "saving" each time you fill up, carry on !

why would buying optimax or super plus be 'paying over the odds' anyway... no more than buying diesel or any other fuel.. its the taxman that makes it expensive.
Generally its about 4 or 5 p a litre more tank diesel... tank holds 55 litres so thats a whopping..... err.... 2 pounds 20 for a full tank.....better performance and mpg for that... i think so....